Position: Senior Lecturer
Faculty: Psychotherapy & Psychology
MA Psychotherapy & Counselling
Anthony is an existential therapist and clinical supervisor in private practice.
He has worked for many years, and in a number of capacities, at the mental health charity MIND in Waltham Forest (now East London Mental Health Support in Waltham Forest).
He began lecturing in psychotherapy and counselling in 2005, and teaches to doctoral level.
Prior to training as a psychotherapist, Anthony spent a decade working as a professional actor in theatre, television and film.
- 2016, Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education, Regent’s University London
- 2005, Certificate in Existential Supervision and Group Work, New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling London
- 2003, Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy, Regent’s University London
- 2001, MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regent’s University London
- 1999, Certificate in the Fundamentals of Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regent’s University London
Relevant Past Employment
School of Psychotherapy and Psychology, Regent’s University London
- 2005-Present, Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychotherapy and Counselling.
The Dialogue Project, London
- 2005-Present, Partner in Thinking.
Private Practice, London
- 2001-Present, Existential Therapist.
- 2003-Present, Existential Clinical Supervisor.
East London Mental Health Support (formerly MIND) in Waltham Forest, London
- 2007-2016, Member of the Council of Management.
- 2004-2006, Director of Counselling.
- 2001-2004, Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor.
New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling
- 2005-2008, Part-time Faculty Member.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy Registered Psychotherapist.
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Accredited Psychotherapist/Counsellor.
- Member of the Society for Existential Analysis
Teaching & Course Development
- Currently teaching on the MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling and the Advanced Diploma in Existential Therapy.
- Created academic course entitled ‘Working with Groups’ for the Professional Doctorate in Existential Phenomenological Counselling Psychology.
- Created academic course entitled ‘Intersubjectivity and Relatedness' for the Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy.
- Jointly created practical course entitled ‘Working with Dreams from an Existential-phenomenological Perspective' for the Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy.
- Developed practical course entitled ‘Personal and Professional Development' for the Professional Doctorate in Existential Phenomenological Counselling Psychology.
- Developed practical course entitled ‘Ethics in Existential Psychotherapy’ for the Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy.
- Continually involved in developing both modules in existential-phenomenological psychotherapy on the MA in Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- Research supervisor to MA level
- Internal examiner to MA level
- The importance of trust in the therapeutic relationship
- The place of humour in the therapeutic relationship
- Existential time-limited psychotherapy
- Chairperson and Respondent - New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling 10 Years Celebratory Conference: The Future of Existential Therapy, London, 2006.
- Chairperson and Respondent – Society for Existential Analysis 17th Annual Conference: Developing a Reflective Practice, London, 2005.
Conference Papers Given
- 2013, Society for Existential Analysis 25th Annual Conference: Love and Hate. Presentation title: ‘The Art in Loving and Hating: a Workshop’
Last updated: 08 December 2017