Position: Senior Lecturer
Faculty: Business & Management
John is currently enrolled in the part-time PhD programme at Birkbeck College, University of London. His dissertation topic is: 'The Role of Financial Discourse and Politics in Crises: 1997 East Asian Crisis and 2007 Credit Crunch.' At the European Business School, where he holds the position of Senior Lecturer in Finance, he is responsible for teaching specialized finance modules - Trading, Alternative Investments, Venture Capital - for the MSc in Global Banking/Finance and MA programmes.
In addition to his university teaching experience, John has over 15 years of consulting, entrepreneurial and international business experience. As a financial consultant with the Equitable Life Assurance Company, John successfully advised businesses and wealthy individuals regarding retirement planning, investments, insurance and asset protection strategies. His entrepreneurial experience is extensive with several start-up ventures - auto financing firm, restaurant franchise concept, SME consulting company and an import/export direct marketing firm.
- PhD Candidate, PhD in Management, Birkbeck, University of London, 10.07
- MRes European Policy and Management, Birkbeck, University of London, 10.05-05.07
- MA in International Economics and Finance, Brandeis University, 09.95-06.97
Exchange Programme: ITAM – Mexico City
- BA in Economics with Minors in Business and Chemistry, Boston University, 09.81-06.86
Relevant Past Employment
- November 2006 – current, Senior Lecturer in Finance, European Business School
- April 2007 – December 2007, Acting Deputy Subject Leader
- February 2006 – November 2006, Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
- September 2004 – February 2006, Visiting Lecturer, London Metropolitan University
- May 2000 – September 2004, International Business Consultant/Trainer, Diamond Business Solutions
- January 1993 – January 1995: Financial Planning Consultant, The Equitable Life Assurance Co
- Royal Economic Society (RES)
- European Finance Association (EFA)
- American Finance Association (AFA)
- Financial Management Association (FMA)
- European Financial Management Association (EFMA)
- Western Economic Association International (WEAI)
Teaching & Course Development
- MSc Global Banking & Finance: Alternative Investments, Trading in Global Financial Markets, Corporate Finance.
- MA in Management: Private Equity & Venture Capital, Finance for International Business, Entrepreneurial Finance and Business Finance.
- Financial Crises
- Politics of Financial Crises
- Sociological and Behavioural Aspects of Financial Markets
- Political Economics
- Monetary Policy
- Alternative Investments and Trading Strategies
- Diamondopoulos, J. (2012). Comparing the Transparency of Central Banks: media ‘footprints' of the FED, ECB, BOE, and BOJ. Journal of Socio-Economics (JSE), Volume 41, Issue 2, Pages 235-247.
- Diamondopoulos, J. (2010). ECB Transparency: the role of minutes and voting records. Germany: LAP Academic Publishing. ISBN: 978-3-8383-4388-4.
Conference Papers Given
- ‘The Comparability and Predictability of Financial Crises': PhD Seminar – Birkbeck College, University of London, September 2011.
- ‘The Role of Financial Discourse and Politics in Crises': PhD Seminar – Birkbeck College, University of London, April 2009.
- ‘Financial Crises and the Credit Crunch': Spanish Chamber of Commerce, Regent's University London, London UK, February 2009.
- ‘Central Bank Minutes/Voting Records in Times of Turmoil': The EBS Global Banking and Finance Conference: Innovation in Times of Market Turmoil' Regent's University London, London UK, March 2008.
- ‘ECB Transparency: minutes/voting records': EBS Research Seminar – Global Banking And Finance Cluster, Regent's University London, London UK, November 2007.
- ‘An Analysis of the UK and Greek Economies': Erasmus Teacher Exchange Programme Universidad CEU San Pablo, Madrid Spain, March 2007.
Last updated: 08 December 2017