Position: Faculty Lead on Research and Scholarship
Faculty: Business & Management
Jonathan is Professor of Global Business Management. He is the Faculty’s lead on research and scholarship and is responsible for developing and supporting initiatives in the field of Business and Management to promote research, enterprise and scholarship engagement. Jonathan teaches and researches in Entrepreneurship and Venture Management. He started his academic career as lecturer at Aston University and moved to Middlesex University as a senior lecturer. In 2002 he became Middlesex University’s Professor of Chinese Management, and researched in performance management and managerial development. He joined Newport University in 2006 and was their Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise as well as Professor of Management. Jonathan is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Business Performance Management with Inderscience Publishers. He is on the editorial board of the Journal of Islamic Marketing, and book review editor of the Journal of Technology Management in China. Jonathan publishes extensively and has over a hundred articles and ten books published in subject areas relating to Business and Management. Jonathan is on the Council of the National Conference of Universities Professors, a Council member of the Universities China Committee in London, a Fellow of Higher Education Academy and a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute. Jonathan is a trustee and Chairman of the board of the Directors of Ming-Ai (London) Institute.
- December 2013 - Chartered Manager, Chartered Management Institute;
- July 1985 - Masters in Business Administration; Aston University
- July 1983 - B.Sc (Hons) Managerial and Administrative Studies; Aston University
Relevant Past Employment
- London College of Advanced Management, London; Academic Director; 2010-2011 (Fractional Appointment 0.1)
- British Institute of E-commence and Technology, London; Programme Leader MBA Islamic Banking and Finance; 2009-2010 (Fractional Appointment 0.2)
- London School of Commence, London; Professor of Management; 2007-2011 (Fractional Appointment 0.2)
- University of Wales, Newport; Professor of Management; 2006-2007, Associate Dean for Research and Enterprise; 2006-2007
- Middlesex University; Professor of Chinese Management; 2001-2006, Chair of Business Management Academic Group; 2003-2006, Head of China Management Centre; 1997-2006, Principal Lecturer in Management Strategy; 1998-2001, Principal Lecturer in Accounting and Finance; 1996-1998, Director of Management Development Unit; 1992-1997, and Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance; 1990- 1996
- Polytechnic of North London; Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance; 1990
- Commonwealth Secretariat, Management Development and Human Resource Development Group; Consultant; 1989-1990
- Aston University Business School; Associate Lecturer; 1984-1989, and Research Assistant; 1985 - 1987
- Higher Education Academy Fellow, since 2013
- Global Marketing Network, since 2009
- Academy of Marketing, since 2008
- Universities’ China Committee in London, since 2007
- Strategic Planning Society, since 2006
- Academy of Management, since 2005
- National Conference of University Professors, since 2002
- Institute of Direct Marketing, since 1995
- British Computer Society, since 1988
- Chartered Management Institute Fellow (formerly British Institute of Management) since 1987
Teaching & Course Development
Teaching experience in a variety of areas in Business and Management fields ranging from Accounting and Finance to Productivity and Operations Management. Current primary teaching focus is in areas of Entrepreneurship and Venture Management. Teaching experience includes, teaching on undergraduate, post-graduate and post experience executive programmes.
Recent Subject Areas Taught
Strategic Entrepreneurship, Managing New Ventures, Comparative Management; Business Strategy; Managing Innovation; Research Methods; Critical Analysis; Business Simulation; Quality Management; Performance Measurement and Control; Productivity and Quality Management; Management Analysis for the Chinese Business Environment; Management Control Systems; Research Methods in Accounting and Finance; Management Planning and Control in a Multinational Context; International Finance; Advanced Management Accounting; Financial Management; Financial Markets and Institutions; and, Financial Modelling
- A. Aniekan; “External Phenomena and the Stock Market” Cardiff Metropolitan University (External Director of Studies) Awaiting Viva
- E. Hakizimana; “Investigating the impact of Chinese SME involvement in Burundi's Economy. An Exploration of Competition among Chinese and Local Small and Medium Enterprises” Cardiff Metropolitan University (External Director of Studies) Awaiting Viva
- A.P. Ujah; “Factors that Affect Investment Decisions of Multinational Enterprises in Nigeria” Cardiff Metropolitan University (External Director of Studies) Awaiting Viva
- H.R. Al-Naimi; ”Corporate Governance In The Gulf Cooperation Council Countries” Cardiff Metropolitan University (External Director of Studies)
- M.R. Ahmed; “Growth and challenges of Islamic banking system: A perspective of Bangladeshi Muslim communities in London, UK” University of Wales, Trinity Saint David (External Director of Studies)
- K.S. Adewale; ‘To examine the impact of reward expectations and individual performance of UK discount retail store employees” University of Wales, Trinity Saint David (External Director of Studies)
- E.T. Anu; “The Impact of the Financial Crises on UK Retail Banking Sector and the Implications on Household Lending” Trinity St David College, April 2016 (External Director of Studies)
- L. Ngwa; “The Impact of Financial Distress in the UK Investment Banking Sector” Trinity St David College, April 2016 (External Director of Studies)
- M.E.B. Thiam; “Can Bubbles Be Prevented Using The Principles Of The Verhulst Model?” Cardiff Metropolitan University, July 2014 (External Director of Studies)
- D. Acquaye; “Does Project Finance Increase The Wealth Of Shareholders In International Joint Ventures?” Cardiff Metropolitan University, February 2013 (External Director of Studies)
- A. Malik; “Creative Accounting in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Pakistan” Middlesex University, September 2007 (External Supervisor)
- X. Sun; “An Evaluation of CAIEP Overseas Management Training and Development Programmes” University College Worcester, July 2007 (External Supervisor)
- J. Wilson; “The Business Relationships between UK and Chinese Companies: An Interaction Approach” Middlesex University, July 2006 (Second Supervisor)
- A. McKinnon; “Developing Capability to Do Business with China”. Middlesex University, July 2005 (Director of Studies)
- S. Parsa; “The Disclosure of Non-Financial Information by UK Companies: An Empirical Analysis”. Middlesex University, July 2002 (Director of Studies)
- H. Viney; “A Model of Change for Near Monopoly Organisations, in a Regulated Public Utility Environment”. Middlesex University, July 2001 (Second Supervisor)
- N. O’Regan; “The Link between Strategy and Performance in Manufacturing SMEs”. Middlesex University, July 2000 (Second Supervisor)
- D. Gallear; “Developing a Theory of Total Quality Management - Using the Delphi Technique”; Middlesex University, July 1999 (Second Supervisor)
- T. Kiss; “Strategic Business Simulation - A Study of Development and Application” Middlesex University, April 1997 (Second Supervisor)
PhD Internal Examiner
- P. Grossi; “A Stakeholder Based Organisation Performance Model”; University of Wales, Newport; June 2006
- M. Mistre; “First-line management: the critical link between goal perception and performance: a multicultural study of Canadian and Japanese first-line managers”; Middlesex University; October 2003
- A. Mirza; “Organisational Change and Its Cultural Context: Lessons from the Experience of a Major Oil Refining Company (BAPCO) in Bahrain”; Middlesex University; May 2003
PhD External Examiner
- Lars Achterberg; Antecedents of willingness-to-pay: an empirical investigation by means of structural equation modelling. Edinburgh Napier University. July 2015 (DoS: Dr Maktoba Omar)
- Susan Barnard; Strategic Leadership: A Study of the Business and Military Sectors. University of the West of England. June 2013 (DoS: Professor Nicholas O’Regan)
- Jiawei Li; Cultural Value for Young Generation Employees and Implications in Management Styles in the Chinese Information Technology Industry. Northumbria University. November 2008 (DoS: Professor Richard Li-Hua)
- Kajun Guo; Strategy for Organisational Change in State Owned Commercial Banks in China. Liverpool John Moores University. April 2006 (Dos: Professor Maurice Yolles)
PhD/Doctorate Chair of Examinations Panel
- Judith Fessler; My conscience is clear’. How women who have become carers for their partners talk about leaving the relationship. University of Wales, Professional Doctorate. External Examiner: Dr Bruna Seu; Internal Examiner: Dr Patricia Bonnici. December 2015
- Anastasiya Golovina; An Exploration of Trainee Counselling Psychologists’ Experience of Practising in English as a Foreign Language. University of Wales, Professional Doctorate. External Examiner: Dr Eugen Fischer; Internal Examiner: Dr Martin Adams. January 2015.
- Anastasiya Golovina; An Exploration of Trainee Counselling Psychologists’ Experience of Practising in English as a Foreign Language. University of Wales, Professional Doctorate. External Examiner: Dr Eugen Fischer; Internal Examiner: Dr Martin Adams. January 2014.
- Sarah Shillingford; An exploration of the experiences of black Caribbean women with eating disorders: An interpretative phenomenological analysis. University of Wales, Professional Doctorate. External Examiner: Dr Jacqui Farrants; Internal Examiner: Dr Martina Carroll. October 2013.
External Examining Experience – Taught Programmes
- Staffordshire University; External Examiner for Management Development Programme (Part-Time) and, Functional Management Development Management Programme (Part-Time); September 1997 to September 2001. (Extended to December 2002)
- Hertfordshire University; External Examiner (Programme and Module) for Malaysian franchise and dual award programmes (September 2014-September 2018)
Jonathan’s research focuses on comparative strategic management practices where inter-disciplinary business management and integrative requirements of business processes and functional activities merge. His current interest lies in investigating the innovation and entrepreneurship practices of managers in corporate organisations and establishing how best practice performance and measurement can be conducted and disseminated. His ancillary interest lies is areas of strategic deployment for management development including Quality and Productivity management, Gender Issues relating to women in management, developments in SME managerial capability, culture and brand management, and Chinese Culture Heritage. His consultancy interest lies in productivity management in organisations, and he has acted as strategic and technical advisor to British and foreign governments and organisations.
- Wilson, J.A.J. & Liu, J. (2016), “Corporate Brands and Marketing Strategy” [Chapter], in Melewar, T.C., Alwi, S.F.S. & Othman, M.N. (Eds.) (2016), Islamic Marketing and Branding: Theory and Practice, Gower.
- Liu, J. & Wilson, J.A.J. (2014), “Unpacking Culture Using Delphi”, in János, F. (Ed.) (2104) Elméleti Igényességgel – A Gyakorlat Igényei Szerint… Tanulmányok Rekettye Gábor 70. Születésnapjára, Pécs, Hungary: Publikon.
- J.A.J. Wilson and J. Liu; 2009, ‘The Polytheism of Branding: Evaluating brands through their Worship’, in Nafees, L., Krishnan, O. and Gore, T. (Eds.), Brand Research, Macmillan Publishers India Ltd., New Delhi, pp.207-229. ISBN 13: 978-0230-32870-9
- J. Liu and J. Wang; 2004; ‘Recruiting and Training the New Cadre: Reform of the Civil Service in the People’s Republic of China’ in Contesting Public Sector Reforms: Critical Perspectives, International Debates; Edited by P. Dibben, G. Wood and I. Roper; Palgrave; London; ISBN 1403904308
- A. Ghobadian, H. Woo, D. Gallear, H. Viney, and J. Liu; 2001; ‘Benchmarking - Concept and Practice with Particular Reference to the Finance Function’; Chartered Institute of Management Accountants; London; 209 pages; ISBN 1 85971 4889
- N. O’Regan, A. Ghobadian, and J. Liu; 2001; ‘The Barriers to the Deployment of Strategic Planning in High Technology Small Firms - an Empirical Assessment’ in New Technology Based Firms in the New Millennium; Edited by W. During, R. Oakey and S Kauser; Pergamon; Oxford; Page 71 - 83; ISBN 0080439764.
- D. Gallear, A. Ghobadian, J. Liu, and H. Woo; 2000; ‘Quality and Business process Synergy: Key Strategies Promoting Longevity’ in the International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management; Editor in Chief: M.A. Dorgham; Vol. 2, Nos. 1-7, pp. 983-993; ISSN 1368-2148.
- N. O’Regan, A. Ghobadian, and J. Liu; 2000; ‘The Impact of the Operating Environment on Organisational Culture in High Technology SMEs - an Empirical Analysis’; in New Technology Based Firms at the Turn of the Century; Edited by W. During, R. Oakey and M. Kipling; Pergamon; Oxford; Page 96 - 106; ISBN 0080437915.
- Refereed Articles in Academic Journals
- J.A.J. Wilson and J. Liu (2012) ‘From laconophilia to “The Sportan”: balancing athletic excellence, sponsorship, branding and career prospectus’; International Journal of Sports Management and Marketing; Vol. 11, Nos. 1/2; pp 125-142.
- J.A.J. Wilson and J. Liu (2012), ‘Surrogate Brands - The pull to adopt and create hybrid identities - via sports merchandise’, International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, Vol.11, No.3/4; pp.172-192.
- J. Liu and J.A.J. Wilson (2011) ‘The Impact of Culture and Religion on Leadership and Management Training: A Comparison of Three Continents’; Jurnal Pengurusan; Vol. 33; pp 29-36.
- A. Malik, J. Liu and O. Kyriacou (2011) ‘Creative Accounting Practice and Business Performance: Evidence from Pakistan’; International Journal of Business Performance Management; Vol. 11, No. 3; pp 228-241.
- J.A.J. Wilson and J. Liu (2011), ‘The Challenges of Islamic Branding: navigating Emotions and Halal’; Journal of Islamic Marketing; Vol. 2 No 1; pp 28-43. (Winner of Outstanding Paper Award 2012).
- J.A.J. Wilson and J. Liu (2010) ‘Shaping the Halal into a brand?’; Journal of Islamic Marketing; Vol. 1, No. 2; pp 107-123. (Winner of Highly Commended Paper Award 2011).
- J.A.J. Wilson and J. Liu (2009) ‘The Pinocchio Effect, When Managing The Brand Creation Process, Across Cultures’; TMC Academic Journal; Vol. 4, No.1; pp 45-58.
- A. Ghobadian, N. O’Regan, H. Thomas and J. Liu (2008), ‘Formal strategic planning, operating environment, size and performance: Evidence from the UK’s manufacturing SMEs’, Journal of General Management; Vol. 34, No.2 Winter; pp 1-20.
- K. Mole, A. Ghobadian, N. O' Regan and J. Liu (2004), ‘The use and deployment of soft process technologies within UK manufacturing SMEs: An empirical assessment using Logit Models’, Journal of Small Business Management; Vol. 42, Iss. 3, pp 303-325.
- J. Liu, H. Viney and D. Holt; 2004; ‘Environmental Issues in China’; European Business Journal; Volume 16, Issue 2; pp 59-69.
- J. Liu, and A. Mackinnon; 2002; ‘Comparative Management Practices and Training: China and Europe’; Journal of Management Development; Volume 20; Number 2; ISSN 0262-1711; pp 118-132.
- J. Liu, and D. Wilson; 2001; ‘The Unchanging Perception of Women as Managers’; Women in Management Review; Volume 16; Number 4; ISSN 0964-9425; pp 163-173.
- H. Woo, D. Wilson, and J. Liu; 2001; ‘Gender Impact on Chinese Negotiation: Some Key Issues for Western Negotiators’; Women in Management Review; Volume 16; Number 7; ISSN 0964-9425; pp 349-356.
- J. Liu, and D. Wilson; 2001; ‘New Job, New Millennium, “Same Deal” for Women Managers’; Equal Opportunities International; Volume 20; Number 4; ISSN 0261-0159; pp 11-24.
- G. Rekettye, and J. Liu; 2001; ‘Segmenting the Hungarian Automobile Market Brand Using Perceptual and Value Mapping’; Henry Stewart Publication; Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing; Volume 9, Number 3; ISSN 0967-3237; pp 241 - 253.
Refereed Professional Journals
- J. Liu, N. O’Regan, and A. Ghobadian; 2000; ‘Strategic Planning for SMEs’; Scenario and Strategy Planning; Volume 2, Issue 2, June / July; Arkgroup; pp 18-22.
Keynote Speeches and Public Presentations
- February 2016 “Food for Thought”. Workshop on Short Food Supply Chains: A pathway to sustainable development and employment creation. Newton Fund, the British Council and the Thailand Research Fund, Bangkok, Thailand.
- January 2016 “Unpacking Culture Using Delphi” COR Seminar, University of Roehampton, London, England.
- September 2015 “Developing a Coaching Culture in Academia” Professional Development Workshop. The British Academy of Management Conference - The Value of Pluralism in Advancing Management Research, Education and Practice. Portsmouth University, England.
- November 2013 “Entrepreneurship at Times of Austerity” 10th International Conference on Strategic Management, Teheran, Iran
- November 2013 “The Entrepreneur as an Individual” Regent’s Business Forum, London, England
- August 2013 “The UK Competitiveness Agenda and the Role of UK Non-Executive Directors”, International Conference on Competitiveness Evaluation and Conceptual Aspects, Lima, Peru
- June 2013 “The Role of UK Non-Executive Directors”, International Conference on the Restructuring of the Global Economy, London, England
- January 2012 “Entrepreneurship at Times of Austerity”, Asia-e-University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- January 2012 “Entrepreneurship and Innovation”, SIFE, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
- January 2012 “Academic Journal Reviewers and Editors: Their roles and challenges”, PhD Colloquium, Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia, Nilai, Malaysia
- July 2011 “Using Academic Journals to Enhance Student Learning and Assessment”, London School of Business and Management, London
- November 2010 “Cultural Surrogacy and the impact of Branding: What have we Learnt”, Asia-e-University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- April 2009; ‘Diaspora of China’s People’, Regent’s College London, Asia-Pacific Encounters, London
- June 2008; ‘Working in Multinational Organisations’ Regent’s College London, British Council Orientation Programme for Financial Sector, London
- May 2007; ‘China in Africa’, London Business School, Africa Day, London
- January 2007; ‘Chinese Leadership and Strategies’, Nigerian Leadership Initiative Conference, London
- J. Graham and J. Liu; October 2006, ‘The Chinese Approach to Management and Entrepreneurship – How is it Different and How can we learnt from it?’ World Partner Forum, Daimler Chrysler Financial Services, Hong Kong.
- February 2006, ‘The Growing Economic Impact of China’, Heathfield School, London
Online Articles and Publications
- J. Liu, and J.A.J Wilson; 2011; ‘The Impact of Culture and Religion on Leadership and Management Training: A Comparison of Three Continents’ Chartered Management Institute; http://www.managers.org.uk/bookclub.
- J. Liu, and A. Mackinnon; 2001; ‘Comparative Management Practices in China and the West’; FT Mastering Management online; May 2001; http://www.ftmastering.com/mmo/mmo02_2.htm.
- J. Liu, H. Woo, H. Viney, and P. Higgins; British Universities Fair 2001; 13-14 November; “British Council - Middlesex University Business Challenge”: in conjunction with Pécs University; British Council Ankara, Turkey. Internet and computerised business simulation competition challenge.
Conference Papers Given
- Shi, X.P., Liu, J. & Sirkeci, I. (2016) “Unveiling the Antecedents and Consequences of Social Media Engagement and Community Trust” Academy of Marketing, 4th-7th July 2016, Northumbria University Business School, Newcastle, England.
- Ngwa, L.N., Liu, J. & Almamy, J. (2015) “Financial Distress in UK Retail Banking Performance before, during and after the Financial Crisis”, British Academy of Management, 8th-10th September 2015, Portsmouth, England.
- Liu, J. & Wilson, J.A.J. (2014), “Unpacking Culture Using Delphi”, British Academy of Management, 9th-11th September, Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Wilson, J.A.J & Liu, J. (2014), “Brand Islam and Halal Branding - Challenges and Opportunities”, Academy of Marketing Annual Conference, July 7th-10th, Bournemouth University, UK.
- Wilson, J.A.J & Liu, J. (2014), “An Expert Delphi Study into the meaning and impact of Culture in Marketing”, Academy of Marketing Annual Conference, July 7th-10th, Bournemouth University, UK.
- Liu, J., Aston, J. and Acquaye, D. (2013), “International Joint Ventures: Do they Enhance Shareholder Value?”, British Academy of Management Annual Conference, 10-12 Sept., Liverpool University, Liverpool, England.
- Liu, J. and Andersson, T. (2013), “Mind the Gap: Expectations of the Role of UK Non-Executive Directors”, British Academy of Management Annual Conference, 10-12 Sept., Liverpool University, Liverpool, England.
- Wilson, J.A.J. and Liu, J. (2010), “Halal Branding – strategic marketing means, motives and opportunities”, MIICEMA 2010 Malaysia-Indonesia International Conference on Economics, Management & Accounting, 25th-26th Nov., National University of Malaysia.
- Liu, J. and Wilson, J.A.J. (2010), “The impact of Culture and Religion on Leadership and Management Training: A Comparison of Three Continents”, MIICEMA 2010 Malaysia-Indonesia International Conference on Economics, Management & Accounting, 25th-26th Nov., National University of Malaysia. (Winner of Best Paper Award – Management Track).
- Liu, J. Wilson, J.A.J. and Batterjee, H. (2010), “Japanese Corporate Culture in Saudi Arabia: An Analysis of the Determinants of Honda’s Successful Integration”, MIICEMA 2010 Malaysia-Indonesia International Conference on Economics, Management & Accounting, 25th-26th Nov., National University of Malaysia.
- Wilson, J.A.J and Liu, J. (2010), “Laconophilia and ‘The Sportan’: Balancing Athletic excellence, Sponsorship, Branding and Career prospects”, Academy of Marketing Annual Conference, July 2010, Coventry University, UK.
- Wilson, J.A.J. & Liu, J. (2010), “The Polytheism of Branding: Evaluating brands through their Worship”, ICBM 2010 Second International Conference on Brand Management, Jan. 8th & 9th, Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad, India.
- J. Liu, J.A.J. Wilson and R. Murray; 2009, “Leadership and Management Training: Comparing Europe, China and Africa”; Conference: The Role of Economic Governance and Leadership in the Development of Africa (8-9th December 2009, International Leadership Institute, Ethiopia)16 pages.
- J.A.J. Wilson, J. Liu and Y. Fan; 2009, “Surrogate Brands – The pull to adopt an ‘Other’ nation; via sports merchandise”; Academy of Marketing Annual Conference, Leeds, England, July, 10 pages. (Winner of the Best Paper Award - Sports Marketing Track).
- J. Liu, B. Hook and L. Luo; 2007, “Beyond Being the Workshop for the World: Key Issues in Generating China’s Human Resources”; ‘Made in China vs. Made by Chinese: Global Identities of Chinese Business’ 19-20 March 2007, Collingwood College, Durham University, United Kingdom, 12 pages.
- L. Luo, L. Chow and J. Liu; 2006, “Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Chinese Family Business: the case of Succession in South Wales”; Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship; 29th National Conference, Cardiff, Wales, October, 10 pages.
- A. MacKinnon, N. O’Regan and J. Liu; 2006, “Internationalising Chinese Management” Academy of Management, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America, August, 22 pages.
- J. Liu, H. Viney and J. Wang; 2002, ‘Evolution of the Chinese Civil Service’; Fast-Tracking Performance Through Partnership, British Academy of Management, London, September, Electronic Papers 18 pages.
- J. Liu, H. Woo and K. Patel; 2002, ‘Quality Initiatives: Lessons for Emerging Economies’; Fast-Tracking Performance Through Partnership, British Academy of Management, London, September, 14 pages.
- K. Mole, A. Ghobadian, J. Liu, and N. O’Regan; 2001, Technology Deployment in UK Manufacturing SMEs, Proceedings of the Fourth SMESME International Conference, Department of Production, Aalborg University, Denmark, pp 14-16 May, 398-405 ISBN:87-89867-81-5
- A. Ghobadian, N. O’Regan, J. Liu, and K. Mole; 2001; ‘Strategic Alignment for Maximizing SME Results’; SMESME Conference, Aalborg, Sweden. 11 Pages.
- D. Holt, H. Viney, and J. Liu; 2001; ‘Identifying Environmental Issues in Chinese Manufacturing Companies’; 9th Greening of Industry Network Conference, Bangkok, Thailand, January. 13 Pages.
- “British Chinese Armed Forces Heritage”; Lottery Heritage Fund, Regent’s University London and Ming-Ai (London) Institute. 2015-2019; £395,200.00
- “British Chinese Workforce Heritage”; Lottery Heritage Fund, Ming-Ai (London) Institute. 2011-2015; £546,000.00
- “The British Chinese Food Culture Project”; Lottery Heritage Fund, Ming-Ai (London) Institute. 2011-2012. £49,000.00
- “The Evolution and History of British Chinese Workforce”; Transformation Fund, Ming-Ai (London) Institute. 2009-2010; £60,000.00
- “East West Cultural Festivals”; Lottery Heritage Fund, Ming-Ai (London) Institute. 2009-2011; £49,000.00
- Joint Research Bid for EPSRC Initiative, awarded £545,233 to Imperial College, University of the West of England, Hull University and University of Wales. 2006-2009.
- “SMEs in a Digital World”; European Social Fund Objective 3 Priority 3; 2001-2002; £440,000.00.
- “High Level Training in Quality Management”; European Social Fund Objective 3 Priority 1- Pathways to Employment; 1999-2000; £120,000.00.
- “Office Based IT for the Under 25s”; European Social Fund Objective 3 Priority 1- Pathways to Employment; 1999-2000; £109,000.00.
- “Office Based IT for LTU”; European Social Fund Objective 3 Priority 1- Pathways to Employment; 1999-2000; £213,000.00.
- “Career Shift”; European Social Fund Objective 3 Priority 1-Pathway to Employment; 1999-2000; £115,000.00.
- “Consumer Information Systems for SMEs”; European Social Fund Objective 4 Priority 2.2-Training and Development for Target Groups within the workforce; 1999-2000; £200,000.00.
- J. Liu, with A. Ghobadian, and N. O’Regan; “Accelerated SME Growth”; European Social Fund Objective 4 Priority 2.2-Training and Development for Target Groups within the workforce; 1999-2000; £201,000.00.
- J. Liu, with A. Ghobadian, and N. O’Regan; “Fast Tracker SME”; European Social Fund Objective 4 Priority 2.1-Research and Development for Target Groups within the workforce; 1999-2000; £250,000.00.
- J. Liu, with F. Farkas; “Human Resource Development in the Trans-Danubia Region”; PHARE; Projects for the Development of Higher Education; 1999 - 2002; Ft 22.7 Million.
- J. Liu, with X. Yin, and P. Dunn; “European Merger Policy”; EU-China Higher Education Programme; 1999-2000; ECU 5000.00.
Last updated: 08 December 2017