Faculty: Psychotherapy & Psychology
Nishah is an Integrative Psychotherapist, utilising psychodynamic and humanistic approaches in her work. She has been working as a therapist (post qualification) for over thirteen years and as a lecturer for over 11 years.
She has a special interest in Spiritual growth as a beneficial addition to psychological growth, running courses in spiritual development that includes various teachings and meditations.
- Story Stem Assessment Profiling - SSAP - Anna Freud Centre (2009)
- Diploma in Teaching Canterbury & Christchurch University (2008)
- Certificate in Group Work Centre For Personal & Professional Development (1999)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Middlesex University (1999)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy South Bank University (1998)
- Foundation in Counselling & Psychotherapy Regent's University London (1995)
Relevant Past Employment
- 2000 – 2003, ‘Public Health Advisor – Addictions' Tower Hamlets NHS Trust.
- 1996 – 2000, ‘Debrief Facilitator' & ‘Trainer' Quit, London.
- 1998 – 1999, ‘Freelance Psychotherapist' Winchester Alliance for Mental Health.
- Registered with the UKCP as an Integrative Psychotherapist
- Registered with the AHPP as an Integrative Psychotherapist utilising humanistic psychology
- Member of the Institute for Learning (IFL) as a Qualified Teacher
Teaching & Course Development
- Teacher on Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Teacher on Foundation Course & Foundation Intensive
- Co-developer of a modular Foundation Degree
- Co-developer of a Level 5 advanced practitioner course
- External Verifier for South Thames College (2003)
Eastern philosophies of the mind and spiritual concepts of self that have influenced Western Therapies – having taken the Buddhist term ‘mindfulness' into the world of therapy, what can be developed beyond this?
The effect of higher states of consciousness and meditative states (for example the state of ‘Samadthi') on the brain and the general functioning of the mind. Brain measuring equipment has evidenced changes in frontal and parietal lobes, before and during these ‘states'.
- (1998). ‘Family Therapy': Exchange – Quarterly Journal of National Eczema Society. Issue No. 90.
- Life Alignment Practitioner
Conference Papers Given
- (2008). ‘The Power of Intuition': a paper written for a Social Workers Convention and talk given at the Brahma Kumaris Centre, Oxford.
Last updated: 08 December 2017