Position: Senior Lecturer
Linkedin: View Linkedin profile
Faculty: Institute of Languages and Culture
Areas of Expertise: Language Teaching; Assessment and Feedback
Nuria Guasch is a Senior Lecturer in Spanish and specialises in the area of assessment for languages and assessment and feedback in Higher Education. She joined Regent's University London in 2003, where she has been teaching a Spanish for different levels of proficiency at Foundation, Undergraduate and Masters Level.
Externally, Nuria’s previous experience in HE includes teaching Spanish for business, Spanish for general purposes and Spanish for medics across a variety of levels at King's College London, London Business School, Westminster University and Instituto Cervantes. At Instituto Cervantes, she also delivered the teacher training sessions on Assessment for Languages.
Her external work also includes being pedagogical consultant for the new edition of the book Bitácora 1. Nueva Edición published by Difusión. Nuria has also co-authored the teacher’s manual of the same book.
Nuria currently also holds a secondment position in the department of Academic and Educational Developments at RUL. Her work there focuses mainly on the area of good practice in assessment and feedback. She has developed the first Assessment Framework for RUL, as well as a new Common Assessment Scale for Regent’s, and delivered various workshops on assessment and feedback for Regent’s. Nuria is also the module Leader for the module Assessment for Learning for Regent’s PGCHE.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Language Testing, Lancaster University, 2011
- BA Hons. in Hispanic Studies, Universidad de Barcelona, 2000
- Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica (equivalent to PGCE), Universidad de Barcelona, 2000
Relevant Past Employment
- 2003-present: Senior Lecturer/Lecturer/Visiting Lecturer in Spanish, Regent’s Institute of Languages and Culture, Regent’s University London
- 2015- present: Secondment in Academic practice, Academic and Educational Developments, Regent’s University London
- 2012-2014: Acting Pathway Leader in Spanish and Portuguese and SPA Academic Advisor, Regent’s Institute of Languages and Culture, Regent’s University London
- 2009-2014: Teacher’s Trainer, Instituto Cervantes/Goldsmith University
- 2003-2008: Teacher of Spanish at all levels (A1-C1), Instituto Cervantes
- 2002-2010: Lecturer in Spanish, Modern Language Centre, King’s College London
- 2005-2008: Lecturer in Spanish, London Business School
- 2004-2006: Lecturer in Spanish, Evening Language Programme, University of Westminster
- 2002-2003 Teacher in Catalan . Modern Language Centre, King’s College London
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Individual member of the European Association for Language Testing and Assessment (EALTA)
- Individual Affiliate status with The Association for Language Testers in Europe (ALTE)
- Individual Membership of the Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE)
Teaching & Course Development
- Assessment for Learning, PGCHE (module leader)
- Spanish (for general purposes) MA Level 1
- Spanish (for Business) MA Level 1 (module leader)
- Spanish ( for Business) MA Level 2 (module leader)
- Foundation in language and culture: Spanish
- Spanish for Business Stage 1 (module leader)
- Spanish for Business Stage 2
- Spanish for Business Stage 4
- Spanish for Business Stage 6.
- Spanish Elementary II (RACL)
- Participation in the development of Language Modules for the MAIM.
- Development of Language Modules for the BsC in Accounting and Finance.
- Development of Language Modules for the revalidation of the MAIB.
- Development of the Languages for all Modules
University of Bath, 2012-2016
- External Examiner for the Institution Wide Programmes for Spanish Modules
University of West London, 2010-2013
- External Examiner for the Spanish Modules of the BA in Hospitality
- Assessment for languages in general, and assessing languages for specific purposes in particular
- Benefits of analytic and holistic assessment scales
- Evaluative judgements
- Assessment and Feedback in Higher education
- Guasch, N. and Conejo, E. (2016). Bitácora 1. Nueva Edición. Libro del profesor. Barcelona: Difusion.
- Guasch, N. (2013). Ventajas del uso de escalas analíticas en la corrección de exámenes escritos, Suplementos MarcoELE, ISSN 1885-2211 / núm. 16, 2013.
- Workshop: Marking exams, University of Bath, 2017
Pedagogical consultant for:
- Sans et al. (2016) Bitácora 1. Nueva Edición. Libro del alumno. Barcelona, Difusion.
Chamorro et al (2016) Bitácora 1. Nueva Edición. Cuaderno de ejercicios. Barcelona, Difusion.
Conference Papers Given
- Guasch, N. ‘Benefits of Analytical Scales over Holistic Scales in a University Context’, II Encuentro para profesores de centros universitarios y de centros formadores de ELE de Londres, University of Westminster, London, 2012
- Soler Canela, O & Guasch, N. ‘How can I do better tests? Some ideas’, FIAPE Congress, University of Granada, Spain, 2007
- Soler Canela, O & Guasch, N. ‘Unifying criteria in writing assessment’, ASELE Congress, Universidad de Alicante, Spain, 2007
- Soler Canela, O & Guasch, N. ‘Task-based language assessment’ (communication), ASELE Congress, Universidad de Alicante Spain, 2007
- Guasch, N & Soler Canela, O. ‘Algunas ideas para mejorar mis exámenes (workshop), XVI Encuentro práctico de profesores de ELE, International House Barcelona, Spain, 2007
Last updated: 08 December 2017