Chief Executive's role
The Chief Executive, within the remit of the powers delegated to him/her by the Board, is responsible for:
- Leading the members of the Senior Management Team in the day-to-day running of the business of Regent’s University London.
- Managing the business in all aspects and overseeing the profitability and overall performance of Regent’s University London.
- Carrying out the strategic plans and policies as established by the Board.
- Reviewing, on a regular basis, the operational performance and strategic direction of Regent’s University London.
- Recommending to the Board an annual budget and medium-term projections for Regent’s University London.
- Approving contracts in accordance with the authority levels delegated by the Board.
- Approving appointments and terminations of employment of staff of Regent’s University London in accordance with the authority levels delegated by the Board.
- Providing input to the remuneration committee in relation to both its recommendations to the Board on the policy for the remuneration of the employees of Regent’s University London and its approval of the detailed terms of service of employees.
- Managing the Risk programme of Regent’s University London including its environmental, security, health and safety performance.
- Appraising the performance of members of the Senior Management Team.
- Ensuring that the performance of all employees of Regent’s University London as a whole is evaluated at least once a year.
- Preparing and delivering accurate and timely information to the Board.
- Communicating Regent’s University London's vision, strategy and policies to all stakeholders and to the wider public.
- Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, integrity and a positive work climate, enabling Regent’s University London to attract, retain and motivate a diverse group of well-qualified, experienced employees.
- Ensuring, in conjunction with the Company Secretary & Clerk to the Board of Trustees, that the annual and interim filings of Regent’s University London as a Company and as a Charity do not contain any misrepresentations and that the annual and interim financial statements fairly present, in all material respects, the financial conditions, results of operations and cash-flow of Regent’s University London.
- Developing, maintaining and periodically evaluating, in conjunction with the Director of Resources, the effectiveness of internal control procedures.
- Overseeing the adequacy, quality and timeliness of all financial reports to the Board.