Pacific Encounters 2009
Second International Week
Asia pacific encounters
20 – 24 April 2009
The International Partnerships Office (IPO) organised Regent’s College’s second edition of International Week from 20th – 24th April 2009 on the Regent's College campus.
Asia Pacific Encounters provided an opportunity for our guests, both academic and international office staff to participate in a range of activities including:
- Study Abroad Fair – opportunity for partner universities to promote their institution by displaying information on the stand provided for the fair, followed by a presentation to Regent’s College students and staff.
- Guest Lectures – presentations given by visiting academics from our partner universities, external guests and key note speakers on a variety of Asian Pacific topics and the Jean Monnet Lecture - “Defence and Diplomacy: What Next for Europe?” with key note speaker Jean-Dominique Giuliani
- Social Events – cultural and recreational activities such as live music, dance, sport and film screenings as well as sample Asian cuisine
- Campus tour - as well as receive the latest update on developments with the International Partnerships Office
- Networking – attend Lectures and participate in a roundtable discussion on international education and student mobility topics with colleagues from our partner institutions
- Visit London – the week also included an opportunity for our guests to visit the tourist sites in the British Capital