education & careers 2010
Third Regent's International Week
International education & careers: Trends & challenges
19th – 23rd April 2010
The 3rd annual International Week at Regent’s College was a great success, raising over £700 for Handicap International UK and their work in Haiti. Students, faculty and staff, visiting international academics, and a variety of international performers all participated to make this one of the most exciting International Weeks yet!
Features of the programme included:
- Keynote addresses by experts in the field of International Education and Careers.
- Regent's College Students’ Round table on “Benefits & Challenges of Studying Abroad”
- The highly successful Study Abroad Fair
- SIFE –Introducing a Volunteer Programme Abroad.
- Employments Opportunities Overseas: How do we go about it?
- Forum Chaired by Martin Timbrell (Dean of the Faculty of Business & Management): How international is your curriculum?
- A panel of Regent's College Staff and invited guests will be looking both at the current state of Regent's College in the field and at the potential for further internationalisation.
- Showcase best practices supporting Internationalisation at Regent's College
- A variety of social and cultural activities
As in previous editions, the event brought to the college delegates from partner universities overseas; other academic community from the UK and abroad; Regent's College Alumni; as well as friends of Regent's College from the business, arts and diplomatic world.