Andrew is an experienced event management professional and academic with over 20 years’ experience of working with international event management agencies, corporates, associations and sporting organisations. He has created and organised a wide range of global events from large conferences and meetings to corporate hospitality and professional development courses, and has a particular interest in the use of sporting venues for the MICE industry. Andrew has been leading the BA (Hons) International Events Management degree at Regent’s University London since 2012
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education. Regent’s University London. 2016.
- MA Conference and Event Management (Part-time), University of Westminster, 2005 – 2007
- BA (Hons) European Business Administration (with German), University Of Glamorgan, Pontypridd, Wales, 1992 – 1996
Relevant Past Employment
- 2012- present - Programme Director for BA (Hons) International Events Management, Regent's University London
- 2009 – 2012, Acting Programme Director, BA (Hons) International Events Management, Regent's University London
- 2009 – 2009, Lecturer in Event Management, London Event School
- 2006 –2008: Event Manager, National Energy Services.
- 2001 –2006: Event Manager, Institute of Translation and Interpreting.
- 2000 –2001: International Marketing and Events Assistant, Epson UK Limited.
- 1998 –2000:.Marketing and Events Assistant, OCS Consulting PLC.
- 1996 –1998: Team Leader, City Mortgage Corporation.
Fenich, G. (2015). Planning and Management of Meetings, Expositions, Events, and Conventions. Pearson.
- Regent’s University Partnership with F1H2O (International Powerboat Association)
- Teenage Cancer Trust (Charity)
- TRO Event Management Agency (London)
- Bridges for Music (Charity)
- Live Nation (Music Promoter and Organiser, London), and the Aspire Spinal Injuries Charity (London). 2010 – 2015.
- Generation of student internship and placement roles, work experience and volunteering opportunities, and live industry projects and events for use as assessments on the BAIEM degree
Conference Papers Given
- Can UK Sporting Venues Use Market Segmentation To Improve Their Effectiveness At Targeting The Conference Market?
- Council for Hospitality Management Education Conference, Leeds, July 2011.
- Academy of Marketing Conference, Coventry, July 2010.
- Association of Event Management Educators Conference, Leeds, July 2010.
- Association for Tourism & Leisure Education Conference, Liverpool, November 2009.
- International Conference and Exhibition Summit, Singapore, February 2008.
- BA undergraduate dissertation supervisor
- MA postgraduate dissertation supervisor
Industry research into the role and importance of international sports tourism, and the effective international promotion of destinations attracting MICE (Meetings, Incentive, Conference, Exhibition) tourism.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
- Member of the Association of Event Management Educators (AEME)
Teaching & Course Development
- Event Management, Marketing, International Destination Management
- Strategic Communication in International Events Management, Fashion Music and Sports Event Management, Events Operations Project Planning, Introduction to the Events Planning Industry.
- BA (Hons) International Events Management 4 year programme validated in September 2016 and launched in September 2017.
- External Examiner UG Events Management – Greenwich School of Management, London.
- External Examiner PG Events Management – Oxford Brookes University.