Ariane joined Regent’s University in 2010 and has been teaching a variety of subjects at foundation, undergraduate and masters level. Her main cognate areas are in Leadership, Organizational Behaviour and Cross Cultural Management. Ariane has been teaching Leadership at masters level as her core subject and also supervises MA dissertations. Since 2017, she has been part of the Academic and Educational Development Team and teaches on the final module of the PGCHE.
Prior to joining Regent’s, Ariane worked as an executive coach, trainer and consultant with clients such as Apple, Deutsche Bank, Ford Motor Company and Virgin, Unilever and Sandoz. In 2009, she founded Mindful Interaction, a coaching and training company specialising in developing interpersonal and intercultural skills. She has over 15 years of managerial experience in the corporate world. Prior to working in the UK, she lived and worked in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg and the Caribbean.
Ariane is one of two trainers licensed to deliver Gordon Training International courses, such as ‘Leader Effectiveness Training’ and ‘Conflict Resolution Workshop’. She also trained as a Co-Active Coach with CTI (The Coaches Training Institute) in the UK.
She is trained in Facilitation and Conflict Resolution Skills through CFOR, in Leadership Embodiment as well as Person-Centred Art therapy and Dance Movement Psychotherapy.
Further details on Ariane's professional experience can be viewed on her LinkedIn page.
- Foundation in Dance/Movement Psychotherapy, Goldsmith University, current
- Certificate in Person-Centred Art therapy, PCATA, current
- Facilitation for Leaders; Diploma in Facilitation and Conflict Resolution (Processwork and Worldwork), CFOR, Awarded in 2017
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education; University of Westminster, Awarded in 2013
- Postgraduate Diploma in ‘Organisational Behaviour’; University of London (Birkbeck college). Awarded in 2007
- MSc in 'Culture, Organisation and Management'; Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam. Awarded in 1994
- BA Hotel Administration Hotel school the Hague; Institute for Hospitality Management. Awarded in 1991
Relevant Past Employment
- 2011–current, Senior Lecturer in Leadership and Business Psychology, Regent's University London
- 2010–2011,Visiting Lecturer in Cross-Cultural Management, Regent’s University. One key responsibility consisted of introducing more recent developments in the field of Cross Cultural Management and incorporating them into the BILCE course. This resulted in the addition of two new topics: Motivation across cultures and Cultural Intelligence
- 2007–2011, Founder/Director of Mindful Interaction.
Offered coaching and training in intercultural competence and interpersonal skills.
Intercultural Training Consultant for Unilever, Sandoz and others.
Research supervision for the MA in Global Management and the MA in International Management for the past seven years
- Creative Leadership
- Embodied/Somatic Leadership
- Global Leadership
- Expressive Arts and Leadership
- Cultural Intelligence
- Intercultural Competence
- Executive Coaching
- Positive Psychology
- Mindfulness and Mindful Learning
- Neuroscience and Learning, Teaching and Learning
- Person-centred/Humanistic Education
- HEA Fellow
- Member of the ICF (International Coach Federation
- Member of SIETAR (Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research)
- Member of CMI (Chartered Institute of Management)
- Re-imagining Leadership; Leadership Concepts in the West. ‘Mind Crossing Borders”, International Conference, Budapest (2017)
- Creative Imagination in the classroom and beyond
- Learning & teaching conference 2018
- Coaching skills for academic staff
- Learning & teaching conference 2017
Teaching & Course Development
- Module Leader for ‘Being a Reflective Practitioner, PGCHE
- Module leader for Leadership, MA in Management
- Module leader for Leadership, Engagement and Motivation, MSc Marketing Psychology
- Module leader for ‘Principles of Human Resource Management’-BA International Business
- Module leader for ‘Leadership from Within’- MA in Global Management
- Module leader for ‘NLP’- MA in Global Management
- Module leader for ‘Mindfulness’- MA in Global Management
- Module Leader for ‘Leadership’- Master of Arts, Webster University
- NLP and Leadership from Within modules for the MA in Global Management
- Leadership module and Change module for the MA in Management
- Leadership, Engagement and Motivation for the MSc In Markerting Psychology