Coaching and training teams within business and marketing has formed a crucial part of Ash's various professional roles, and an element he has found most enjoyable in his career to date. With over 17 years' experience in business, servicing clients with some of the world's leading advertising agencies for leading global brands in domestic and international markets, across B2C and B2B sectors, his involvement has contributed to clients' corporate and business strategies and the full marketing mix, from research, NPD/product and price, distribution into sales direction. By understanding key consumer, user and stakeholder insights, designing simple but emotionally engaging and rationally supported communications, Ash has helped campaign success, within a culture of enthusiasm and ethics. He is now committed to teaching business, marketing, advertising and events modules across Regent's University London schools.
Ash's other interests include: political online blogging for the US Democrats, UK Liberal Democrats via Facebook, Twitter and in the UK as a local area volunteer canvasser. Highly involved in social-business networking physically and online, he believes it is crucial to keep updated with the latest marketing trends and developments, which he believes further supports professional membership with industry bodies. Among Ash's extra-curricular interests are NFL football, international football, international rugby, international cricket and the ‘IPL T20', as well as F1. He also enjoys participating in sporting events includes cycling, tennis, skiing, karting and continental driving holidays, alongside European, Asian and USA travel, cinema and music, restaurants, food and drink.
- PGCHE, Regent's University London (2018)
- Currently writing a PhD proposal in “Branding and Discrimination – How are brands achieving value for communities?” (2012 onwards) and about to seek approval.
- FP I, II & III for Independent Financial Advice – Financial Planning (for personal interest to service FS clients, course only) (2004).
- McCann Erickson ‘McEd Tutor' Certificate – Coaching & Management, McCann NY & Chauncey-Princeton NJ, USA (1997).
- M.A. Marketing (part-time whilst working) – Kingston University Business School, Surrey, (1995).
- CIM Dip.M. – Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Marketing (whilst at University below), (1992).
- B.A.(Hons) Business Studies (Economics & Marketing), including 1 year in GrandMet Brewing Market Research – University of N. London Business School, (1992).
Relevant Past Employment
- September 2010 – current, Lecturer. Regent's American College London.
- September 2010 – current, Lecturer. European Business School & Regent's Business School.
- February 2003 – current, Consultant, Stuurman Marketing 68.
Guest Speaking and Visiting Lecturing since Summer/Aug 2010, into Fractional Lecturing from Jan 2011, into Full-Time Lecturing from September 2011.
Strategy & Planning / Branding Identity / Cross-Media Marketing Communications.
Private & Public Sector / B2C, B2B & C2C / Elections & Issue Campaigning / Product & Service.
National & International.
- January 2008 – July 2011, Stuurman Marketing Consultant - International Mkg Director. Weber/Scholz & Friends Amsterdam, for clients: EU Elections 2009 (EPIO), NATO, Philips & New Business.
- November 2009 – April 2010, Stuurman Marketing Consultant – Group Account Director. Redbox Digital, for clients: Brands within Johnson & Johnson, Herbal Life & New Business.
- 2006 – 2007, Stuurman Marketing Consultant – Director. Six&Co/FullSIX Ltd, for clients: Alfa Romeo, Club Med, Remy Cointreau & New Business.
- 2006 – 2007, Stuurman Marketing Consultant – Group Account Director. IDEAS, for clients: Wrigley UK, Chicago (IL) & Munich, Pfizer/Listerine UK.
- 2004, Stuurman Marketing Consultant Account Director. Gregory Wood Advertising, for clients: Sodhexo, SCLAVOS, Park Plaza, GM Environmental Policies.
- 1999 – 2003, London, Detroit (MI), Torino, Senior Account Director. Wunderman London, Minneapolis (MN) for Detroit/Dearborn (MI) & Torino/Roma for clients: Visteon Corporation, Citibank.
- 1995 – 1999, London, New York City, Senior Account Manager. McCann Erickson London & New York, for clients : UPS, Computer Associates, Nestle & New Business.
- 1993 – 1994, Marketing Executive, PSD Design, for clients: Motorola, JC Decaux, British Airways, ICL
Ash Snijder-Majumder featured/quoted within the following articles :
- Marketing Week (2007) – ‘Evolution not Convolution'
- Marketing Week (2007) – ‘Untangling the web'
- TTG/Royal Mail Roundtable (2007) – ‘Market & Deliver'
- MarketingProfs (2007) – ‘Does Agency inter-collaboration work?'
TTG (2007) – Technology Mobile Marketing, ‘Let's talk about txt.'
- EU (EPIO Den Haag, Nederland), consulting via Weber/Scholz&Friends Amsterdam.
- Bugaboo research panel (2010) via Fronteer Strategy.com
- Philips mobile web marketing platform research panel (2011) via Fronteer Strategy.com
- Frenchfoodwineandmore.com consulting (2012), directly.
- Undergrad and Postgrad M.A. dissertation supervision, approximately 10 research dissertations per annum.
Currently writing a PhD proposal in “Branding and Discrimination – How are brands achieving value for communities?” (2012 onwards) and about to seek approval.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
Teaching & Course Development
- Marketing Principles MKT4700
- Marketing Principles MKT201
- Marketing Communications MKT5300
Development/Creation of material including module leadership :
- Advertising MNGT3510
- Planning a New Venture INB355
- Business Strategy EVM302
- International Events/Experiential Marketing MKT202
- Design in Marketing MGT355
- Integrated Marketing Communications MKT252