David has a proven background in lecturing, leading a department, developing new programmes and external moderation. He has led the validation and implementation of a new, ACCA-accredited accounting degree at Plymouth University. He has worked as an external examiner for finance and banking undergraduate modules for Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University. David was awarded a certificate in recognition for his contributions to the finance modules delivered as part of the Shanghai Business School MBA (University of Shanghai China). He has project-managed distance learning modules in corporate finance to students in Germany, Malaysia and Australia.
- MA international Finance 2006
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education, Plymouth University, 2016
- Certificate in Operations & Regulation of Financial Markets, 2006
- BA (Hons) Business Studies (Accounting & Finance) 2:1, 2004
Relevant Past Employment
- University College London, School of Management, Adjunct Lecturer in Finance, 2016 – 2017.
- Greenwich School of Management, Accounting & Finance Department, Head of Department & Principal Lecturer, 2014 – 2016.
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Business School, Senior Lecturer in Accounting, Finance & Statistics, 2014 -2014.
- University of East London, Business School, Senior Lecturer in Finance, 2007 – 2013.
David has Supervised numerous Master’s and Undergraduate Dissertations and Projects primarily in the areas of Corporate Finance and Accounting.
Accounting, Corporate Finance, Financial Markets, Behavioural Finance and Quantitative Methods.
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy
Teaching & Course Development
David has developed undergraduate and postgraduate modules in accounting and finance at University of East London, Heriot-Watt University and UCL. He has served on validation panels for undergraduate degrees at Plymouth University.
David has taught widely in finance and accounting at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He has also taught accounting and finance to MBA students.
External Examiner for Banking & Finance undergraduate degrees, Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University, 2015 – 2017.