Dr Jichev joined Regent's University London in 2010. Since then he has been teaching Cross-Cultural Management. Dr Andrey Jichev has spent twenty years in the diplomatic service of his country, including postings in Finland and the UK. He was one of the first four diplomats to be appointed at the EU Department at the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry in 1993 and was a member of the team that prepared Bulgaria's accession negotiations. In 2003-2011 Andrey served two consecutive terms as Adviser to Board directors at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Dr Jichev has represented his country in numerous international forums in Belgium, Finland, Poland, Greece and the United Kingdom and as an academic has participated in international congresses and conferences in Germany, Belgium, Spain, the Russian Federation and Ireland. The academic presentations of Dr Jichev include Marketing Performing Arts in United Europe (Varna, 2005 at the EU sponsored conference Performing arts: The European horizons); The Cross-Cultural Aspects of EU Enlargement at the SIETAR Congress in Brussels, 2000 and The Future EU- Borders and Limitations at the IES Workshop US-EU Relations after 9/11 and the Iraq War (Freiburg, 2004).
Dr Jichev has published several research papers on contemporary issues of international relations and European integration and is co-author of European Integration: Myths and Reality (Moscow, 1986), several papers for MGIMO Studies.
At present he works on a book on “The Challenges of Post-Accession. Lessons Learned from the Eastern Enlargement of the EU”.
Andrey likes theatre and modern English and Irish literature. He has translated more than 20 books from British and American authors and several plays by Irish, American and English playwrights. Andrey likes jogging and mountaineering.
- 1973 – 1978, MA international Relations. MGIMO
- 1979 – 1983, PhD, International Relations, MGIMO (Moscow University for International Relations),
- 1997, PGD European Community Law, King's College, London
- 2004, Certificate for Teaching in Higher Education, City & Guilds, The City Lit,
- 2000, MBA, International Marketing & Finance (Dual specialization), Richmond, The American International University in London
Relevant Past Employment
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria 1979-1999
- EBRD 2003-2011
- EBRD advisor (2003-2011)
- Coghill and Beery International, consultant ( 2000-)
Conference Papers Given
- Marketing Performing Arts in United Europe (Varna, 2005 at the EU sponsored conference Performing arts: The European horizons);
- The Cross-Cultural Aspects of EU Enlargement at the SIETAR Congress in Brussels, 2000 and The Future EU- Borders and Limitations at the IES Workshop US-EU Relations after 9/11 and the Iraq War (Freiburg, 2004).
- Cross-cultural communication, global leadership issues
- Economics and business of climate change
- Economic and political aspects of transition and convergence in CEE
- SIETAR UK
Teaching & Course Development
- Advertising from a cross-cultural perspective (developed by Dr Jichev)
- British and European Marketing Strategy
- The City of London- an introduction
- Contemporary Business issues and the EU
- Economics and Business of Climate Change (developed by Dr Jichev)
- Global Promotional Strategies (developed by Dr Jichev)
- International Marketing Management: Europe