Faten is a Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing and Analytics. Her key research areas include customer management, human-technology interaction, and innovation adoption. Before joining Regent’s University London, Faten was a lecturer at Henley Business School. She holds a PhD in marketing from Oxford Brookes University, an MBA from Coventry University, a BSc in Computer Information Systems, and a Postgraduate Certificate of Teaching in Higher Education.
Before joining academia, Faten worked as an IT developer and trainer responsible for delivering a range of IT courses to different organisations across different industries including Telecommunications, Finance and IT. After completing her MBA degree, her career changed direction and she entered the academic world. She has substantial experience in teaching a wide range of marketing modules, including marketing research, marketing communications, projects, and dissertations.
Faten has published her work in highly ranked journals, including the Journal of Strategic Marketing and Behaviour and Information Technology. She has presented aspects of her research at the most prestigious marketing conferences such as the Academy of Marketing (AM), where she previously won the best paper in the CRM track.
- PhD in Marketing MBA Information Technology BSc Computer Science
Relevant Past Employment
- 2014-Jan 2019: Lecturer in Marketing, Henley Business School, University of
- 2013-2014: Assistant Professor in Marketing, Arab Open University
- 2009-2012: Associate Lecturer, Marketing Department, Oxford Brookes University
- Jaber, F., and Simkin, L. (2017). ‘Understanding customer relationship management (CRM) adoption in an Arab Middle Eastern context’. Behaviour & Information Technology, pp.1-17.
- Jaber, F., and Simkin, L. (2017). ‘Unpicking antecedents of CRM adoption: a two-stage model’. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 25(5-6), pp.475-494.
- Alkhatib, G., Abbad, M. and Jaber, F. (2015). Jordan Banks’ Perception of Customer Relationship Management: A TAM-Based Investigation. Advances In Global Business Research, 12 (1), pp.196-211.
- Abbad, M. and Jaber, F. (2014). ‘Evaluating E-Learning Systems: An Empirical Investigation on Students' Perception in Higher Education Area’. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), 9(4), pp.27-34.
Faten's research interests come under the theme of human behaviour and information technology with a particular focus on customer management and technology adoption. She seeks to help businesses and policymakers improve their marketing performance in today’s digital environment. This mainly explains her interests in social media, analytics and mobile marketing research.
- Five PhD and DBA students at Henley Business School
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Microsoft Certified Professional and Administrator and Engineer Oracle Certified Developer
- Internal Examiner of a DBA thesis at Henley Business School: Werner Kring (2018), titled: Impacting the B2B-Business Development Process Social Media Usage within a Global Software Environment
- Jaber, F. and Abbad, M. (2018) ‘Outcomes of Value Co-creation: Creating and using Big Data from Customer and Organization Perspectives’. ICRM Conference, Cardiff, United Kingdom 12-14 Oct.
- Jaber, F. and Abbad, M. ‘Mobile Apps and Users: An Exploratory Study’. CCQ International Business Conference. Doha, Qatar, 3-6 April.
- Almeida, A., Jaber, F., Ekinci, Y., and Moreno Gil, S. (2017). ‘Tourist Motivations, Online Information Search Behaviour Destination Image Aand Destination Loyalty’. 7th Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Marketing and Management Conference, Nicosia, Cyprus, July
- Jaber, F., Simkin, L. (2015) ‘Making Customer Relationship Management Effective in Organisations’. Paper represented at Academy of Marketing Conference, Limerick, Republic of Ireland, 7-9 July
- Jaber, F., Simkin, L. and Domingos Canhoto, A. (2013) 'Adoption of Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Towards a Better Understanding' (Best Paper Award in the CRM track). Paper presented at the Academy of Marketing Conference 2013, Cardiff, July
- Jaber, F., Simkin, L. and Domingos Canhoto, A. (2013) ‘Organisational Adoption of CRM: Towards a Better Understanding’. European Marketing Academy Conference, Istanbul Turkey. Jaber, F., Simkin, L. and Domingos Canhoto, A. (2012) 'Organisational Adoption of CRM: Towards a Conceptual Framework’. Paper presented at the Academy of Marketing Conference 2012, Southampton, July
- Abbad, M., Morris, D., and Jaber, F. (2011) 'The Impacts of Demographic Differences on LMS Acceptance' The 9th International Conference on Education and Information Systems, Technologies and Applications: EISTA 2011, USA.
- Abbad, M., Jaber, F., and Abbad, J. (2011) 'Electronic Banking in Jordan: A Framework of Adoption'. The International Conference on Applied Financial Economic, Greece.
- Jaber, F. (2010) 'The Effectiveness of Information Technology Adopted by Universities: Evaluating students' perception of eLearning'. Paper presented at the Academy of Marketing Conference, Coventry, July
- Jaber, F., Abbad, M. and Al-Ayyoub, A. (2008) ’Students’ Perception on e-Learning System at Arab Open University'. Second International Conference and Exhibition on e-Learning and Quality Education and Training, April
Teaching & Course Development
Faten is the module leader of research methods module in the digital marketing and analytics postgraduate programme.