Dr Lilit Baghdasaryan is a Lecturer in Digital Marketing and Analytics. Her principle research scope is in Consumer Research, a fascinating area to which she has made significant theoretical and methodological contributions. She earned her PhD in Marketing and Business Studies, from University of Westminster, and also holds an MA in International Business and Management (WBS), BSc in Linguistics and Philology, and a Postgraduate Certificate of Teaching in Higher Education.
Lilit has extensive teaching and consulting experience in Marketing and Business Strategy. Before joining Regent’s University London, Lilit was a lecturer in Digital Marketing and Marketing Management at a number of UK Universities, including University of Westminster, Northumbria University, Ulster University, and University of Roehampton. She has also been heavily involved in entrepreneurial and start-up programs and acted as panel member and independent consultant for start-up funding projects. She has supervised a number of field trips abroad for Postgraduate students, focusing on product development in the automobile, food, and fashion sectors.
Lilit has been recognized both by peers, and a number of organizations for her leadership, mentoring, and communications skills. Prior to joining academia Lilit held a number of key roles including Business Development Manager and Import and Export Executive of pharmaceutical products across Europe and Asia. In 2017 she co-founded a very successful Aesthetic Clinic in London which benefitted enormously from her passion towards the growing area of Aesthetic Medicine.
Her research has been widely recognized at highly-ranked International Conferences organized by the Association of Consumer Research, and the Academy of Marketing Science and Consumer Culture Theory. She has published articles and book chapters covering a range of marketing themes such as Visual Consumption, Decoding hidden meanings in Advertising, and Social Networking Sites. She has also covered Sociological themes, such as Reproduction of Gender Ideology, Distinction and Symbolic Power.
- PhD in Marketing, University of Westminster, 2018
- MA in International Business and Management, University of Westminster, 2013
- BSc in Linguistics and Philology, Yerevan State Linguistic University, 2009
Relevant Past Employment
- 2018-2019: Lecturer in Digital Marketing, Business and Management, Northumbria University
- 2018-2019: Lecturer in Digital Marketing, Business and Strategy, Ulster University
- 2018-2019: Lecturer in Marketing, Business and Management, University of Roehampton
- 2014-2018: V. Lecturer in Marketing, Marketing and Business Strategy, University of Westminster
- Baghdasaryan, L., 2020. The Role of Digital Advertising in Shaping Ideals and Consumption Choices in the Digital Era: Effectiveness of Digital Advertisements. In Handbook of Research on Innovations in Technology and Marketing for the Connected Consumer (pp. 263-288). IGI Global.
- Baghdasaryan, L., Bettany, S. and Mihaila, B.F., 2018, June. Decoding Archetypal Images of Motherhood in Magazine Advertisements. In Academy of Marketing Science World Marketing Congress (pp. 401-413). Springer, Cham.
- Baghdasaryan, L., Bettany, S., West, R. and Rieple, A., 2017. Reproduction of Gender Ideology Through Russian Consumer Culture: The Case of Iconography of the ‘Mother’in Russia, an Extended Abstract. In Marketing at the Confluence between Entertainment and Analytics (pp. 141-146). Springer, Cham.
Conference Papers Given
- Participation in Conferences and Publications
- The 8th MMU Postgraduate Research Conference, Manchester 2015 - rewarded with runner-up best poster presentation
- The 3rd ICCMI, London, Kingston Business School - oral presentation of work in progress
- CCT 2016, Lille - presented poster on work in progress (PhD research)
- The 19th AMS World Marketing Congress 2016, Paris - presented paper, published extended abstract
- The 35th Standing Conference on Organizational Symbolism SCOS 2017: Carne - Flesh and organization, Rome
- The 21st World Marketing Congress, AMS 2018, Porto –presentation of a competitive paper “Decoding Archetypal Images of Motherhood in Magazine Advertisements”.
Lilit’s research interest comes under multidisciplinary Consumer Research with particular focus on visual consumption and digital innovations. She seeks to advance and help businesses to establish in-depth understanding on Consumer Behaviour and build stronger Marketing Strategies. She has been supervising Postgraduate dissertations in the fields of Consumer Psychology, Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Luxury Brand Management.
- MA and MSc Dissertation Supervision
- PhD Supervision
Professional Certification and Diplomas
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing
- Certified UX Professional
- AXELOS Certified Agile Project Management
- Academy of Marketing Science
- Digital Marketing Institute
- Data and Marketing Association
- Association of Consumer Psychology
- Associate Fellow of HEA
Teaching & Course Development
Regent’s University London
MSc DMA: Social Media Marketing and Analytics; Research Methods
MA LBM: Digital Marketing and Analytics in Luxury
MAM: Digital Marketing and Analytics
BA IB: Digital Marketing and Data Analysis
BA: Principles of Marketing
MSc DM: Digital Customer Journey, Data and CRM; Digital Campaign Management and Media
MA LBM: Luxury Brand Management
MSc Business: Strategic Management for Competitive Advantage
BSc Enterprise: Entrepreneurship, Creativity and Marketing Planning
MAM: Marketing Management
University of Roehampton
BSc: Retail Theory and Practice
University of Westminster
Programmes: MA/MSc Marketing Management/ MA Marketing Communications/ MA/MSc International Business Management/ BA Marketing Communications/ BA Business Management and Marketing/ BA Marketing Management/ BA International Marketing/ BA International Business
(L6): Digital and Interactive Marketing; Marketing Management; Applying Marketing Concepts; Current Themes in Marketing; Cross-Cultural Aspects of Marketing; UG Dissertation (L5) Advertising; Marketing Metrics; Brands and Branding (L4) Consumer Behaviour, Fundamentals of Marketing, Principles of Marketing (L7)PG Dissertations with MA Communications, MA International Business Management, MA Business Management, MSc International Business