Linda Lee-Davies is a senior, commercial academic and leadership specialist.
With a particular interest in intergenerational leadership and the impact of technology on corporate culture, she has extensive experience in the provision of on-site, blended and distance learning Executive Training and Development for a wide range of global Corporate clients.
Linda has also run and designed University MBAs for large, local, national and international mixed cohorts for over ten years and was awarded for outstanding achievement having brought essential commercial elements to academic provision and procedures. Linda has secured large corporate training contracts for accreditation for Universities, including a ‘paperless’ MBA. She has also designed and validated a number of Masters courses as well as provided business consultancy for a number of SMEs. Prior to that, she held a senior position with a large recruitment firm running a £10m section of their business across the UK.
With both a commercial and academic background, Linda has a Doctorate in the field of leadership and has ensured a publication record of 24 authored/co-authored books and academic journal articles. Her current publications include a co-authored book covering modern approaches to leading education and training using current team based mixed reality methods and three journal papers covering the impact of social media on knowledge culture, the need for Higher Education to change to be more suitable for businesses and leading corporate social responsibility. Linda believes that her work should always contribute to the STEM agenda and includes research and delivery around technologies such as augmented/virtual reality, drones, AI, 3D in her teaching and research profile. Also as an experienced recruiter, Linda believes all of her teaching should increase the global employability of students as well as ensure their academic progress.
- PhD in Leadership, University of Chester, 2013
- Personal Transformation for Leaders, Cranfield, 2010
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education, University of Northampton, 2006
- MBA, Henley Business School, 2003
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, P/Q to Certified Stage, 1996
- BA (Hons) Business Studies Class 2.1 Leicester University, 1995
Relevant Past Employment
- 2015 – 2018: Research Supervisor, School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering, University of Manchester
- 2011 – date: Visiting Professor (American) International Business and Cross Culture, Wroxton College UK of Fairleigh Dickinson University USA
- 2013 – 2016: Principal Lecturer Corporate, Business School, University of Bedfordshire
- 2002 – 2012: Course Leader Executive MBA, Northampton Business School, University of Northampton
- 1995 – 2001: Sales Direction Edinburgh to London, Reed Accountancy Personnel, Reed Employment Services
- Kakabadse, N. Kakabadse, A. and Lee-Davies, L. (2005), Visioning the Pathway: A Leadership Process Model, European Management Journal.
- Kakabadse,N., Kakabadse, A. and Lee-Davies, L. (2005), Unique study assesses interactivity and impact of leadership styles, in Coate, P. (Ed.) Handbook of Business Strategy, Emerald, pp177-188.
- Kakabadse, N., Rozuel, C. and Lee-Davies, L. (2005), Corporate Social Responsibility a Stakeholder Approach: A Conceptual Review, International Journal of Business Governance and Ethics.
- Lee-Davies, L., Kakabadse, A. Kakabadse, N., (2006) 1% for 10%: Executive Strategies for Customer Care,Strategic Change, Vol 15, No,. Mar-Apr 2006
- Lee-Davies,L. Kakabadse, N. Kakabadse,A. (2007) Shared Leadership: Leading through Polylogue, Business Strategy Series, Emerald
- Kakabadse, A, Kakabadse, N. Lee-Davies, L.(2007) Three Temptations of Leaders, The Leadership & Organization Development Journal
- Kakabadse, N., Lee-Davies L. and Kakabadse, A. (2008) Smart technology: the leadership challenge, Strategic Change, Vol 17 235-249
- Kakabadse, N., Kakabadse, A. and Lee-Davies, L. (2009) CSR leaders road-map, Corporate Governance, Vol 9 p50-57
- Kakabadse, N., Kakabadse, A. and Lee-Davies, L. (2009) Leadership Discretion: A Developmental Experience, Strategic Change,
- Kakabadse, N., Kakabadse, A. and Lee-Davies, L., Johnson, N. (2010) Deliberative Inquiry: Integrated Ways of Working in Children Services, Systems Practice Action Research
- Wang, J., Lee-Davies, L.N., Kakabadse, N. and Zhijie Xie (2011) Leader Characteristics and Styles in the SMEs of the People’s Republic of China During the Global Financial Crisis, SC:BiEF.
- Kakabadse, A., Kakabadse, N. Knyght, R. and Lee-Davies, L. (2011) The Invisible Hand Guiding Technology: Crossing the Boundary of Humanity – IJEPolitics
- Read, I. and Lee-Davies, L. (2013) The Challenge to Western Consultancy by Gulf Arab Culture, Journal of East West Business
- Lee-Davies, L. and Kakabadse, N. (2013) Individual and Organisational Leadership: The Shared Approach, International Journal of Reviews and Studies in Economics and Public Administration, Vol 1
- Kakabadse, A., Kakabadse, N. and Lee-Davies, L., (2014), ‘Learning CSR for Sustainable Corporate Advantage ’, International Journal of Social Ecology and Sustainable Development (IJSESD), Special Issue On: Smart, Sustainable and Just Higher Education and the Remaking of the Right to the City, Vol. 5 No. 2, pp. 13-23.
- Lee-Davies, L., (2018), Ethical CSR Leadership, Passion or Fashion, International Journal of Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility, IGI Global
- Lee-Davies, L., (2018), Prehistoric Process in HE – A Critical Review of Institutional Process for Future led Commercial/Academic Partnership Provision – A Case Study Approach, Industry and Higher Education, Sage
- Engel, S. and Lee-Davies, L., (2018), The Impact of Social Media on Knowledge Culture, International Journal of Smart Education and Urban Society, IGI Global
- Lee-Davies, L and Kakabadse, N (2011) Individual and Corporate Longevity, The proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance, Sophia-Antipolis
- Kakabadse, A, Kakabadse, N. Lee-Davies, L.(2008) The Contrasting Faces of the Chairman of the Board, Strategy, Innovation and Change –Galavan, R.,Markides,C.,Murray,J.
- Lee-Davies, L. (2006) Leadership Chapter 10, Human Resource Management in Organisations, Robinson, I.,CIPD
- Lee-Davies, L., (2006) Developing Work and Study Skills Thomson Learning UK
- Kakabadse,A.,Kakabadse,N.&Lee-Davies, L.(2008) Leading for Success, The Seven Sides of Great Leaders, Palgrave Macmillan
- Denholm, J & Lee-Davies, L (2017) Enhancing Education and Training Initiatives Through Serious Games, IGI Global, US
Linda has supervised in excess of 250 Masters Dissertations.
- Leadership and change
- Leading millennials and generation Z
- Leading technological implementation
- The impact of technology on culture
- Leading Corporate Social Responsibility
- How Higher Education needs to change for the future
- Leadership ethics
- The effectiveness of scrutiny in public bodies
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy