Dr. Tatiana M. Martinez is a Lecturer in Information Systems and Analytics at Regent’s University London. She holds a PhD in Information Systems which she completed at the Department of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). She also holds a MSc in Comparative Politics (Democracy), completed at the same institution (at the Department of Government) and a BA in Business Administration and Marketing, completed at Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Tatiana has extensive teaching experience, having acted as Class Teacher at LSE, presented seminars and lectures at events and conferences across the world, and tutored students for several years. She has also been active in organising events and leading initiatives, such as panels and symposia with renowned academics and government ministers. For her achievements, Tatiana has received a number of academic and professional awards and honours throughout her career.
Tatiana’s research has centred on the use of transparency and open data by public institutions in order to enhance levels of accountability, curb corruption, and facilitate greater civic participation. She has also focused her research on the cognitive aspects of technology deployment and unethical decision-making by government officials and leaders, utilising a theoretical framework which combines distributed cognition and moral disengagement. Her innovative findings have been discussed in key conferences and will soon be published. She is currently focusing her research efforts on building on previous findings and expanding the theoretical framework she has established to other settings.
Tatiana has ample corporate experience. Prior to entering into academia, she spent several years working for global corporations in the technology/telecommunications field, such as Cisco Systems and Verizon, in a consultative capacity, driving business and advising on technology investments, in countries such as the United States, Netherlands, and Brazil.
- PhD, Information Systems, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2019
- MSc, Comparative Politics (Democracy), London School of Economics and Political Science, 2012
- BA, Business Administration and Marketing, Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing, 2005
Relevant Past Employment
- 2018-2019: Research Fellow, Instituto de Terapia Cognitiva, Brazil
- 2015: Class Teacher, Department of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- 2009-2011: Account Executive, Verizon, USA
- 2006-2009: Account Manager, Cisco Systems, Netherlands and Brazil
- Open Data
- Transparency & Accountability
- Digital Organisations
- Cognitive Research in Information System
- 2015, Award for Outstanding Society Member, LSE Students’ Union, London, UK
- 2014, European Conference on Information Systems Doctoral Consortium, Departmental Selection and Nomination, Department of Management, LSE, London, UK
- 2010, “Going to the Game” Award, Verizon, Pittsburgh, USA
- 2007, Cisco Achievement Program (CAP) Award, Cisco Systems, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 2006, National ESPM Francisco Gracioso Award for Academic Excellence, Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing, Porto Alegre, Brazil
- 2005, Regional ESPM Francisco Gracioso Award for Academic Excellence, Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 2015-2017, Postgraduate Grant, CAPES (Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior)
- 2014, Travel Scholarship, ICEGOV (International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance)
- 2014, Postgraduate Travel Award Department of Management, LSE (London School of Economics and Political Science.
Positions of Responsibility
- 2019, Reviewer for the Post-ICIS 2019 SIG IS-CORE Cognitive Research Workshop
- 2019, Reviewer for the Pre-ICIS 2019 SIGe-Gov Workshop on e-Government
- 2017-2018, Member of the LSESU Trustee Board
- 2016, Reviewer for the Pre-ICIS 2016 SIGe-Gov Workshop on e-Government
- 2015-2016, Executive Director for ABEP-UK (Association for Brazilian Postgraduate Students and Researchers in the UK)
- 2015, Reviewer for the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2015
- 2014-2015, President and Founder of the LSESU Brazilian Society
- 2012-2016, Reviewer for iSCHANNEL (The Information Systems Student Journal)
- 2012-2014, Associate Editor at iSCHANNEL (The Information Systems Student Journal).
- Global Management (Enterprise & Innovation) - BA (Hons)
- Global Management (Enterprise & Innovation) with Integrated Foundation - BA (Hons)
- Global Management (Leadership & Management) - BA (Hons)
- Global Management (Leadership & Management) with Integrated Foundation - BA (Hons)
- Global Management (Marketing) - BA (Hons)
- Global Management (Marketing) with Integrated Foundation - BA (Hons)
- International Business - MA
- Management - MA