Elise obtained a Cambridge CELTA in 2002 from International House in London, a Master’s in Modern Languages from The University of Manchester in 2005, and a PGCE in Modern Languages from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2006. After qualifying, she taught languages and English in the secondary sector in and around Manchester for several years.
In 2010 she transitioned into the post-compulsory sector, and taught English as a foreign language both in Manchester and in Rome.
Elise joined Regent’s English Language Centre in 2012 as a Senior Teacher. In 2016 she completed her DELTA at International House London and Bell English.
Elise’s interests include speaking and pronunciation, intercultural communication and competence, using music in teaching, and encouraging learner autonomy through independent learning.
- Cambridge DELTA, IH London and Bell English
- PGCE with QTS, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Master of Modern Languages, The University of Manchester
- Cambridge CELTA, IH London
- Using ICT in the classroom
- Designing teaching materials using authentic language
- Dogme teaching focusing on emerging language
Teaching & Course Development
Elise teaches on all ELS courses. She particularly enjoys teaching Speaking and Debate skills classes, and Business English.