Ella began teaching English as a foreign language whilst working as a volunteer for Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) in rural Cambodia in the 2000s. Since then, she has gained 14 years of teaching experience, with students from all over the world, including Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Russia and Asia. Ella is a recognised Fellow in Higher Education, also holding Cambridge DELTA and CELTA qualifications for English Language Teaching. She is inspired by the complexity of our multi-cultural and multi-lingual world, and the lessons it can teach us.
Outside of work, Ella is an avid reader and creative writer. She also loves being outdoors in nature exploring, wandering or gardening – all of which help to keep her fit and healthy.
• 2015 – Cambridge DELTA, LAL Language Centres, Torbay
• 2010 – Cambridge CELTA, St Giles, London
• 2007 – CERPDL Psychology Foundation - Staffordshire University
• 2005 – TESOL qualification – ITC Centre
• 2002 – BA Hons English Studies (2.1) - University of Leicester