Geraldine Bourgeon is a Senior Lecturer in French with over 20 years’ experience in the field of FLE - French as Foreign Language. She has taught in the UK but also in France, Italy, and China for various universities and the Alliance Française schools.
Geraldine has worked at Regent’s since 2012, and since 2014 has been a Subject group Leader for French, Arabic and German as well as SPA advisor for French and Arabic.
In addition to teaching French at degree level and as an elective, she is also part of the team that delivers the Global Perspectives module.
Very enthusiastic about how technology can enhance learning, Geraldine has delivered several workshops to encourage her colleagues to make the best use of their VLE. In collaboration with the Blackboard Team, Geraldine is currently leading the Digital Forum. This is offered to all academics who want to raise their awareness of digital tools and their ability to use them.
Outside Regent’s, Geraldine is part of an international team in charge of the French version of the famous MOOC: “Learning How to Learn” from McMaster University and University of California San Diego.
- MSc Applied Positive Psychology – in progress, Anglia Ruskin University
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE), Regent’s University London, 2018
- LAO- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration, Lifetime Awarding, 2014
- NCFE – Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity, Ncfe.org.uk, 2013
- QTS, Qualified Teacher Status, Teaching Agency, 2012
- MA (equivalent), Maîtrise, French as a Foreign Language, University of Maine, 1997
- BA (equivalent), Licence, French Modern Literature, University of Maine, 1993
Relevant Past Employment
- 2014-Present: Regent’s University London, Senior Lecturer in French, Subject Group Leader in Arabic, French and German
- 2013-2014: University of Reading, Visiting lecturer in French at IWLP
- 2012-2013: Regent’s University London, Visiting lecturer in French
- 2010-2012: Alliance Française, Qingdao – China, Educational Manager and teacher of French as a Foreign Language
- 2009-210: IBS – International Business School of CTBU – Chongqing Technology and Business University – China, Teacher of French as a Foreign Language
- 2005-2009: Alliance Française, Bari – Italy, Teacher of French as a Foreign Language
- 2004-2009: University of Bari – Italy, Foreign language assistant
- 1998-2004: Association ALTHEA, (Le Mans – Alençon – Caen) – France, Programme coordinator for political refugees and asylum seekers
- Teaching Methodologies
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Exploratory Practice
- Positive Psychology
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy, 2016
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy, 2020
- Membership ACCA: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Teaching & Course Development
Currently module leader and lecturer in French for business Level 6 on the undergraduate programme.