Geraldine Bourgeon is a lecturer in French with over 20 years’ experience in the field of FLE - French as Foreign Language. She has taught in the UK but also in France, Italy, and China.
Geraldine has worked at Regent’s University London since 2012, and since 2014 has been a Subject group Leader for French, Arabic and German. She also currently teaches on the business foundation programme.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCHE), Regent’s University London, 2018
- LAO- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration, Lifetime Awarding, 2014
- NCFE – Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity, Ncfe.org.uk, 2013
- QTS, Qualified Teacher Status, Teaching Agency, 2012
- MA (equivalent), Maîtrise, French as a Foreign Language, University of Maine, 1997
- BA (equivalent), Licence, French Modern Literature, University of Maine, 1993
Relevant Past Employment
- 2014-Present: Regent’s University London, Senior Lecturer in French, Subject Group Leader in Arabic, French and German
- 2013-2014: University of Reading, Visiting lecturer in French at IWLP
- 2012-2013: Regent’s University London, Visiting lecturer in French
- 2010-2012: Alliance Française, Qingdao – China, Educational Manager and teacher of French as a Foreign Language
- 2009-210: IBS – International Business School of CTBU – Chongqing Technology and Business University – China, Teacher of French as a Foreign Language
- 2005-2009: Alliance Française, Bari – Italy, Teacher of French as a Foreign Language
- 2004-2009: University of Bari – Italy, Foreign language assistant
- 1998-2004: Association ALTHEA, (Le Mans – Alençon – Caen) – France, Programme coordinator for political refugees and asylum seekers
- Teaching Methodologies
- Technology enhanced learning
- Exploratory Practice
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- Membership ACCA: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Teaching & Course Development
Currently module leader and lecturer in French for business Level 6 on the undergraduate programme.