John is currently Acting Head of the MA Luxury Brand Management programme, where he has responsibility for staffing, recruitment and work load allocation and ensuring that all the areas of responsibility are staffed on the MA LBM programme.
Since joining Regent's University London (EBS) in 2006 his first major role was to stand in as Programme Director for the BAIB as well as the BABM while the Programme Director assisted in the Dean's role. During that year he lead both the BAIB and the BABM to revalidation undertaking the writing of all the major documents for both programmes, and gaining revalidation for a five year period.
Further to this he led the development of the BA International Events Management, as a result primarily to introduce a programme to replace the BABM, subsequently gaining the first validation.
Since then he has been instrumental in creating, designing and leading the MA Luxury Brand Management to its first validation, and also gaining accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Marketing for three programmes. John has represented Regents University London at the British Council Student Fair in Bangkok, Thailand and the British Council Student Fair in Tokyo, Japan
- MBA Anglia Polytechnic (Ruskin) University, Cambridge UK
- BA. Politics and Sociology, Open University UK
- PG Dip Marketing Management CNAA. UK
- Dip Marketing Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Cert. Ed. Leeds University UK
Relevant Past Employment
Prior to joining Regent's University London, John was with Les Roches International School of Hotel Management in Switzerland (taken over by Laureate International Universities) from 1996 -2006. He served in the position of Programme Director of the Bachelors in Business Administration (Hospitality).
Les Roches has US accreditation, of which John had responsibilities in the process of accreditation under the auspices of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
The School gained five years accreditation, and have subsequently gone through the process again since his departure. Les Roches gained the first British Chartered Institute of Marketing accreditation in Switzerland through his endeavour. The School also has Swiss HE accreditation. Further to this, John had the responsibility for liaising with Four Seasons Hotels Vice President of Marketing Europe as industry advisor.
John also had during this period in Switzerland, responsibilities for Quality at Les Roche Marbella, Spain. John was also part of the assessment team sent to Kendall College, Chicago prior to acquisition by Laureate International Universities the parent company.The School gained five years accreditation, and have subsequently gone through the process again since his departure.
He has also had six years of experience working in the Middle East, East Africa (Outward Bound Mountain School Kilimanjaro) and SE Asia Malaysia and Singapore with managerial & strategic responsibilities.
Currently invited by the author to contribute to a management book in providing a case study on leadership, the book is due to be published 2013 by Palgrave McMillan. This book will be part of a suite of management text to be widely promoted across the University sector.
Looking to publish the research in Corporate Events with Pearson. The publication proposal is currently undergoing peer review.
- Working on joint publication Luxury Services with a colleague.
- Regent's University London organised as part of a team the six week management programme and visit to London of the management group from The Agricultural development Bank of China 2006.
- Les Roches Switzerland. The organisation of the Marketing Programme for the Chinese Airport Authority Hotel Management programme.
- Market research report for the Crans-Montana (Switzerland) ski resort on the use of piste restaurants.
MA Luxury Brand management supervision. MA Global management and MBA. Also Marketing undergraduate on BA International Business, BA International Events Management.
Global Business, International relations, Luxury Services, Retail Marketing, Hospitality Industry and Events Management.
- Fellow Higher Education Academy
- Member Chartered Institute of Marketing, Chartered Marketer
- Member CIM Hospitality and Tourism Groups
- Member of Chatham House
Teaching & Course Development
- MA Luxury Brand Management programme individual module and team taught module, with responsibility for Luxury Service Marketing of Managing Luxury Brands.
- MA Marketing Pathway: International Services Marketing, MBA ( Webster Graduate Programme)21 Marketing Management, Dissertation supervision Post Graduate and Undergraduate
- UG Strategic Management, Strategic Analysis,
- UG Global Political Economy, Foundations of International Relations. Issues of the Global Political Economy. Professional Certificate in Marketing CIM programmes
John is currently a Programme and Module External Examiner on the University of Hertfordshire /INTI Malaysia Nilai programme, where he has been an examiner for the last three and a half years being responsible for the Hertfordshire / INTI programme at the Nilai campus in Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia where he has undertaken Exam Boards, and also at the University of Hertfordshire.
Prior to his University of Hertfordshire role he was an External Examiner at London South Bank University, responsible for areas of marketing on Masters and MBA programmes and Undergraduate programmes in the Department of Management (Marketing and Strategy)
He has also been an examiner for the ACCA (management subjects)
Further to external examining John has taught and examined on the current MA Luxury Brand Management, MA Global Management and MBA programmes. For undergraduate programmes he has managed and examined on the BA International Business, BA Global Management, and the Regent’s Foundation Programme.