Customer-focused and driven by results, Jorge is a Certified Programme Manager with solid programme management and digital transformation knowledge and experience. His experience was obtained while leading winning teams in several international engagements, translating business strategies into tangible value enabled by technology.
His recent roles included digital transformation advisor, IT advisor, PMO lead, project manager and head of programme, in several engagements with state-of-the-art solutions, with high exposure to C-Level executives. He enjoys playing an active role in his engagements by shortening the gap between Strategy and Execution, while advising his clients on future roadmaps with new age technologies, keeping their businesses ahead of the curve.
On top of his consulting activities, he is currently pursuing his PhD in Strategic Management in ISCTE Lisbon, focusing his research on offshoring and nearshoring of professional services, having several publications on the topic. He is also acting as Co-Chair of the Association for Strategic Planning (ASP) in the Iberian region while serving as a member of the Executive Management Committee of the World Strategy Summit (WSS), being a regular keynote speaker at several events on the topics of outsourcing and digital transformation.
- PhD in Strategic Management, ISCTE-IUL Business Research Unit (Lisbon, Portugal), ongoing
- Visiting Research Student in Management, LSE - London School of Economics and Political Sciences (London, UK), 2019
- DEA - Diploma in Advanced Studies in Strategy and Business Development, ISCTE-IUL Business Research Unit (Lisbon, Portugal), 2014
- MsC in Engineering and Industrial Management (Integrated master), FEUP- Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto (Porto, Portugal), 2011
- BsC Electrical and Computer Engineering (Integrated master), FEUP - Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto (Porto, Portugal), 2011
Relevant Past Employment
- 2018 - present: Lecturer in Strategy and Management, Regent's University London
- 2016-present: Digital Transformation Advisor and SAP Programme Manager (Senior Manager), PwC
- 2012-2016: Project Manager and Business Transformation Consultant, SAP
- 2011-2012: Planning and Engineering Specialist, FedEx
- 2010 – 2011: Project Manager, everis
- J.F. Guedes and L. Pereira, "Maximizing return on investment without increasing project risks — Near-shoring as a key practice on a business transformation programme: Case study on a training project for a global consumer goods company," 2015 10th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI), Aveiro, 2015, pp. 1-6.
- J.F. Guedes and L. Pereira, “Proximity Offshoring Generating Considerable Savings with No Significant Increase of Risks or Losses in Quality—Nearshoring Playing a Key Role on a Business Transformation Program,” Financial Environment and Business Development. Eurasian Studies in Business and Economics, 2017, vol 4. Springer
- J.F. Guedes, “Continuous Improvement and Waste Reduction for Organizations – an Introduction to LEAN IT,” 6th International Scientific Conference on Project Management in the Baltic Countries, Riga, 2017, pp. 101-111
- J.F. Guedes, “A Lean mind-set on the Information Technologies sector: Targeting and addressing waste for an increased performance,” CIMPS 2017. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2018, vol 688. Springer
Current research interests converge around Outsourcing initiatives for professional services, with a special focus on the Distance Dimension (Nearshoring). The proposed research for his PhD is: "Unlocking the full potential of Near-shoring - A matured model of proximity offshoring for professional services”
Additionally, Jorge dedicates his efforts to the topics of Strategy and Digital Transformation, being these subjects closely related to his professional activities as a consultant in which he works on various critical issues surrounding an organisation’s digital presence, supporting the organization to translate their Strategy into Execution, enabling their digital transformations.
Teaching & Course Development
Jorge currently teaches on the BA (Hons) in Global Management (Leadership & Management), focusing his efforts on modules related to Strategy, Digital Transformation and General Management. Additionally, Jorge is a recurrent Guest Lecturer, Panellist and Key Note Speaker in several Universities in the UK and Portugal.