Keith Laker is an economist with over thirty years' experience of lecturing in the state and private sectors to British, EU and other overseas students. He has taught on a wide range of economics and business courses over this time at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and has wide experience in the supervision of dissertations at both of these levels.
- MSc Economics (Energy Policy), University of Surrey, Nov 1995
- Advanced Diploma in Educational Management, OU Distance Learning, Dec 1988
- Certificate for Vocational Preparation Tutors, Royal Society of Arts, July 1987
- MA in Politics and Government, City of London Polytechnic, October 1981
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education, Brunel University, July 1975
- BSc in Economics and Politics, University of Bristol, July 1974
Relevant Past Employment
- 2010 – current, Lecturer in Economics, Regent's University London
- 1995 – current, Associate Lecturer in Economics, University of Surrey
- 1988 – 2010, Senior Lecturer in Economics, Farnborough College of Technology, Hampshire
- 1987 – 1988, Lecturer in Business Environment, Basildon College of Further Education, Essex
- 1986 – 1987, Lecturer in Political Economy on BA Degree, Havering College
- 1975 – 1988, Lecturer in Economics, South Essex College of Further and Higher Education
- Currently involved in supervising undergraduate dissertations.
- Political economy of macroeconomic management
- Economics of environmental policy
- Member of the Economics and Business Education Association
- Member of the Institute for Learning
Teaching & Course Development
Since joining the University in September 2010 Keith has been teaching on Microeconomics and Macroeconomics programmes running in the European Business School, Regents Business School and Regents American College London.
Keith is an internal examiner within the University for undergraduate economics modules at Levels 1 and Level 2. He is also a current Examiner in Economics at Advanced level for both the AQA exam board within the UK and Cambridge Assessment for overseas examinations.