Nishah is an Integrative Psychotherapist, utilising psychodynamic and humanistic approaches in her work. She has been working as a therapist (post qualification) for over thirteen years and as a lecturer for over 11 years.
She has a special interest in spiritual growth as a beneficial addition to psychological growth, running courses in spiritual development that includes various teachings and meditations.
- Story Stem Assessment Profiling - SSAP - Anna Freud Centre (2009)
- Diploma in Teaching Canterbury & Christchurch University (2008)
- Certificate in Group Work Centre For Personal & Professional Development (1999)
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy Middlesex University (1999)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy South Bank University (1998)
- Foundation in Counselling & Psychotherapy Regent's University London (1995)
Relevant Past Employment
- 2000 – 2003, ‘Public Health Advisor – Addictions' Tower Hamlets NHS Trust.
- 1996 – 2000, ‘Debrief Facilitator' & ‘Trainer' Quit, London.
- 1998 – 1999, ‘Freelance Psychotherapist' Winchester Alliance for Mental Health.
- (1998). ‘Family Therapy': Exchange – Quarterly Journal of National Eczema Society. Issue No. 90.
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Registered with the UKCP as an Integrative Psychotherapist
- Registered with the AHPP as an Integrative Psychotherapist utilising humanistic psychology
- Member of the Institute for Learning (IFL) as a Qualified Teacher
- Life Alignment Practitioner
Conference Papers Given
- (2008). ‘The Power of Intuition': a paper written for a Social Workers Convention and talk given at the Brahma Kumaris Centre, Oxford.
Teaching & Course Development
- Teacher on Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Teacher on Foundation Course & Foundation Intensive
- Co-developer of a modular foundation degree
- Co-developer of a Level 5 advanced practitioner course
- External Verifier for South Thames College (2003)