“The illustrative style of Stuart Mckenzie borrows from the haute couture designer - the singularity of line to express a form”- Retail Graphics
A graduate of Central St Martins, Mckenzie worked as a studio assistant at Vivienne Westwood for five years, where he would illustrate the collection as a means of communicating the theme to the rest of the studio.
A nomination by Fashion Photographer Elaine Constantine as an up-and-coming talent in ID Magazine 200th Edition lead to Stuart's first commission working with designer Peter Saville to illustrate Selfridges spring/summer in-store campaign.
Creative Fashion Illustration - How to Develop Your Own Style is Stuart McKenzie’s first book published by Bloomsbury.
BA Hons Fashion Textiles 2:1 St Martins School of Art
Relevant Past Employment
- 1999 – Present: Freelance fashion Illustrator
- 1991 -1996-: Studio Assistant, Vivienne Westwood Ltd
Stuart McKenzie, 2014. Creative Fashion Illustration: How to Develop Your Own Style. Edition. Bloomsbury Academic
- 2003 - Present: Freelance Lecturer, Learning department, Victoria and Albert Museum, London
- 1998 - 2012: Freelance Beauty Illustrator, Cosmopolitan US, New York.
Teaching & Course Development
- FSM604.R T2 - Fashion Marketing Portfolio
- FSD505.R T2 - Fashion Illustration