LinkedIn: View LinkedIn Profile
At Regent’s, Andy Greenhalgh has taught Interpersonal Communications, Public Speaking, Contemporary London Theatre, the Acting Foundation Course and Camera Acting for the BA Acting in World Theatre. In 2012 he was part of a team nominated for the THES award for Widening Participation of the Year. He also teaches at Morley college in Lambeth.
Andy has twenty years' experience in the corporate field, using role-play and forum theatre in management training, both as actor and facilitator. Clients range from multi-national companies to housing associations. He has over nearly forty years' experience as a professional actor, working in every area of the business except the circus.
- PGCHE (Regents University London), 2016
- Certificate in Acting, Webber-Douglas Academy, 1977
- BA (Hons)in English, Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, 1975
Relevant Past Employment
- 2015 – current, Lecturer, Public speaking and Interview Skills, Morley College, Lambeth
- 2008, Visiting Lecturer at American Universities including Notre Dame (Indiana), Rice (Houston) and Vanderbilt (Nashville). Subjects included Shakespeare the Businessman and Presentation Skills for MBA students.
- 2001, Director of Workshops in Acting and Improvisation and Tutor in Shakespeare Masterclasses, British Council in Delhi and Calcutta, India
- 1980s/1990s, Freelance Tutor in Acting and Stand-up Comedy at various London Drama Schools including Guildhall, Middlesex Poly and Italia Conti.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- British Equity
Teaching & Course Development
Courses taught 2009 - Current
- Interpersonal Communications, Human Communications, Public Speaking, Contemporary London Theatre
- Creating a Character and Camera Acting for the BA Acting in World Theatre, the Acting Foundation Course, MSc Gas and Oil: Presentation Skills.
- Personal Tutor for Foundation Screenwriting and Producing
- Personal Tutor for BA Acting in Global Theatre
- Contributed to the writing and revalidation of BA Acting and World Theatre with Integrated Foundation/Year 0 in Acting
Professional Acting Career:
- Baptista,Grumio, Hortensio in TAMING OF THE SHREW (USA tour) – AFTLS
- Porter in MACBETH (Tour of India, China, USA)
- Angelo in COMEDY OF ERRORS, Dull in LOVE’S LABOURS LOST, Manchester Royal Exchange
- Banquo in MACBETH – Dukes Playhouse, Lancaster
- Harold in COMMUNICATING DOORS – Chester
- Bottom in A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM – Shakespeare Link (Beirut)
- Neville in NEVILLE’S ISLAND – Library theatre, Manchester
- Toad in TOAD OF TOAD HALL – Sheffield Crucible
- Plus: Stand-up comedy at THE COMEDY STORE, JONGLEURS & elsewhere
- Phil in THE HELLO GIRLS- Diverse (2 series)
- PC Bloater in THE BELFRY WITCHES – BBC (2 series)
- Desk Sergeant Lewis (recurring character) in EASTENDERS – BBC
- Over 60 other TV appearances include THE VICAR OF DIBLEY, MY FAMILY, MASTER OF THE MOOR, THE LAST DETECTIVE, HEARTBEAT, CASUALTY and DIAMOND GEEZER.
- A MAN CALLED SARGE (Lead Role)
- JULIUS CAESER (with Richard Harris and Christopher Walken)
- THE CANTERVILLE GHOST(with Patrick Stewart)
Over 20 years work as role-player, facilitator and trainer in a huge range of industries in both public and private sector.
Clients have ranged from multinational companies to housing associations.
Clients include: Home Office, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, DfES, BBC, Probation Service, Customs & Excise, RSPCA, NHS, Open University, Shell, Balfour Beatty, BDO, Kier, Barclays, BT, Lloyds TSB, PWC, Crimson Consulting, BAA, Stewart Milne, Thompsons Solicitors, Greene King, Costa, Dairy Crest, Allianz, Sainsburys, Harvey Nash, ACAS, BP
Training areas include: Giving Feedback, Presentation Skills, Customer Care, Assessment, Performance Management, Diversity Awareness, Leadership Skills, Personal Impact, Conflict Management, Health & Safety
Conference Papers Given
OBSERVE HIM FOR THE LOVE OF MOCKERY (Gender Roles in Shakespeare) at the Sharing Shakespeare Conference, the Willow Globe, Mid-Wales.
HASS research grant for the Willow Globe Conference