Dr Christos Kallandranis
Senior Lecturer in Finance
LinkedIn: View LinkedIn Profile
Subject(s): Business & Management
Dr. C. Kallandranis received his PhD (full scholarship) in Economics from the University of Patras Greece in 2007. He holds an MSc in Finance & Economics from the Manchester Business School (former UMIST) and a BA in Public Administration (division of economics) from Panteion University of Athens. Christos has considerable teaching, research and consulting experience. He counts 10 years of teaching experience in higher education, 3 years of professional experience and 4 years experience in EU research funded programmes. Currently working as Senior Lecturer in Finance at Regent’s University London in the U.K and Academic Coordinator and Visiting Professor at Marconi University in Rome. He has also taught in the Department of Economics at University of Patras and at the Athens University of Applied Sciences. Prior to his current posts he was course leader for the programme of BA & MA in Accounting and Finance at London Metropolitan University, BCA Athens Campus.
- PhD in Economics, University of Patras, Greece, 2007. “Topics on the Dynamics of Capital and Labour Demand: An Empirical Analysis.”
- MSc in Finance and Economics, The University of Manchester, Manchester Business School, 2002
- BSc in Public Administration, Economics Division, Panteion University of Social & Political Sciences, 2000
Relevant Past Employment
- 2013-present: Senior Lecturer in Finance/ Department Research Leader. Regent’s University London, U.K.
- 2012-present: Visiting Professor, Universita Degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi, Rome Italy.
- 09/2016-present: Visiting Professor in Finance. Department of Economics, University of Patras.
- 10/2016-present: Visiting Professor in Finance. Department of Business Administration, University of Applied Sciences of Athens
- 02/2017-present: Instructor in Corporate Finance. School of Economics and Business, Open University of Cyprus
- 2015-present: Instructor. University of Ioannina-Greece, On line Distance Learning Programme
- 1/2013-6/2013: Lecturer in Finance, East London University/Athens Metropolitan College Campus
- 2011-2012: Course Leader of the BA & MSc Accounting & Finance Program, London Metropolitan University/BCA Athens Campus
- 2008-2011: Financial Analyst. Eidi & Associates Investment Consultants
- 2007-2011: PT Lecturer in Economics and Finance, University of Hertfordshire /IST Athens Campus
- Member of the Greek Economic Chamber
- Member of the Regent’s Centre for Banking & Finance
- Member of the International Network for Economic Research (INFER)
- Editorial Board Member, “Economics, Commerce and Trade Management: An International Journal (ECTIJ).”
- Editorial Board Member for the journal of “International Journal of Economics and Finance (IJEF)” Canadian Center of Education and Science
- Editorial Board Member for the journal of “Journal of Governance and Regulation”
- Reviewer for the journal of “Defence and Peace Economics”
- Reviewer for the journal of “Applied Economics Quarterly”
- Reviewer for the Pearson Higher Education UK
Teaching & Course Development
- Corporate Finance (University of Patras, Autumn Semester 2016)
- Money and Banking (University of Patras, Spring Semester 2017)
- Portfolio Management (University of Patras, Spring Semester 2017)
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance (Open University of Cyprus, Spring Semester 2017)
- Principles of Financial Management (Regent’s University London, Academic Years 2013-16, both semesters)
- Global Banking (Regent’s University London, Academic Years 2013-15, , both semesters)
- Multinational Finance (Regent’s University London, Academic Years 2013-14)
- Monetary Policy and Central Bank Operations (Regent’s University London, Academic Years 2013-17). Part of the revalidation team in 2014
- Corporate Valuation (Regent’s University London, Academic Years 2013-17) Part of the revalidation team in 2014
- International Corporate Finance (Universita Degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi, Academic Years 2012-17 )
- Global Finance (Universita Degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi, Academic Years 2012-17 )
- Financial Markets & Instruments (Universita Degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi, Academic Years 2012-17 )
- Financial Regulation & Corporate Governance (Universita Degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi, Academic Years 2012-17 )
Supervision of over 70 PG and UG dissertation projects at London Metropolitan University/BCA Athens Campus, Regent’s University London and Marconi University.
Supervision of over 200 postgraduate research projects
- Macroeconomics focusing on Money and Capital Markets
- Market imperfections and asymmetric information
- Economics of Security.
- Fiscally Induced Migration
- Economic Voting Behavior
- Trust & Financial Institutions
- A Note on Trust in the ECB in the Era of Sovereign Debt Crisis, with K. Drakos and S. Karydis, Applied Economics Letters, May 2017, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2017.1324196. (ABS 2015: 1)
- “Voting with their Feet” in Times of Crisis: The Case of Southern Europe, with S. Karidis. Applied Economics Quarterly: 2016, Vol. 62, No. 4, pp. 321-341. doi: 10.3790/aeq.62.4.321(ABDC: B) (ABS 2015: 1)
- Book Contribution: "Thrice a Stranger, Penelope’s Eastern Mediterranean Odyssey" by Dr William Mallinson, in Cambridge Scholars Publishing, ISBN: 978-1-4438-8518-8. January 2016.
- “A note on the effect of terrorism on Europeans’ economic sentiment”, DOI:10.1080/10242694.2015.1016295, Feb 2015. Defence & Peace Economics, with Drakos, K. (ABS 2015: 2)
- “Assessing the Effect of Sentiment on Fiscally Induced Migration: A Tiebout Hypothesis Approach within EU 27.” with S. Karidis. Global Economy Journal, DOI: 10.1515/gej-2013-0009, June 2014 (ABS 2015: 1)
- "Security Economics: A Guide for Data Availability and Needs," with Drakos K. January 2012 EUSECON Policy Briefing 16.
- "Counterterrorism Effectiveness: The Impact on Life and Property Losses," with Drakos K, and Giannakopoulos N. April 2012 EUSECON Policy Briefing 19.
- "Terrorism shocks & stock market reaction patterns", with Drakos K.December 2011 EUSECON Policy Briefing 14.
- “State-Dependent Response of Investment to Cash Flow: Evidence for Asymmetry in European Manufacturing”, with Drakos K., Applied Financial Economics. Vol. 17, issue 14, pp: 1191-1200, 2007. (ABS 2015: 2)
- “New vs. Used Capital Investment Decisions under Liquidity Constraints”, with Drakos K., and E. Goulas, in Applied Financial Economics Letters,Vol.3, No.1, pp:15-18, 2007. (ABS 2015: 1)
- “Financial Considerations in Investment Decisions: A Literature Review”, with Drakos., Briefing Notes in Economics. Issue No. 72 March/April 2007
- “Modelling Labour Demand Dynamics: Going Beyond the Frictionless Environment”, with Drakos K., Labour: Review of Labour Economics and Industrial Relations, Vol. 20 Issue 4 Page 699-720, 2006. (ABS 2015: 1)
- “Investment under Liquidity Constraints and Uncertainty: Investigating the effects of Irreversibility” with Drakos K., and E. Goulas, 2006, pp.7-16, 56(4),SPOUDAI Journal of Economics & Business.
- “Investment and Cash Flow: Evidence from Greek Listed Companies” with Drakos K. Applied Economics Quarterly, 51/4 (2005). (ABDC: B) (ABS 2015: 1)
- “Firm-specific Attributes of Financing Constraints: The Case of Greek Listed Firms”, with Drakos K., pp: 98-110, 2/2005, in Journal of Investment Management and Financial Innovations. (ABS 2015: 2)
- “A Sectoral-Level Analysis of Performance Persistence in Greek Manufacturing”, with Drakos K., Special Edited Volume, 2004 vol. 1, pp: 339-353. University of Piraeus.
- European Commission FP7, “A new agenda for European Security Economics.” Grant Agreement Number 218105
- 01/10/2008-31/08/2010: University of Patras.
- 01/03/2009-29/02/2012: Athens University of Economics and Business
- University of Palermo, May 2016: Ph.D Programme, Seminar on “Demand for Capital under Imperfect Capital Markets: A Review and an Application”
- University of Valencia 2014: UG programme, Lectures in Financial Statement Analysis
- Technological University of Athens( TEI of Athens) October 2014 & 2015. Invited Speaker.
- University of Ioannina, Greece. May 2016 intensive lectures in Corporate Finance
- March 2007 –Mediterranean College: Issues on Entrepreneurship Finance.
Other Academic Experience
- April 2015-: Department Research Leader: Regent’s University London
- September 2015-: External Examiner in Accounting & Finance UG & PG Courses: Staffordshire University, U.K.
- October 2015-: External Examiner in Accounting & Finance modules: University of Bedfordshire, U.K.
Conference Papers Given
- International Workshop on Risk Management, Financial Regulation, and Governance in Banking, University of Palermo: Determinants of Trust in Institutions, May 2016
- 1st International Virtual SBRLAB Conference “Finding Solutions for a post-crisis society”, 9-11 December 2015, Spain. Conference proceedings for the paper Economic Outcomes and Voting Behavior: Evidence from Greece
- INFER 2015. University of Bedfordshire. Economic Outcomes and Voting Behavior: Evidence from Greece
- Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS). "Counterterrorism Effectiveness: The Impact on Life and Property Losses," with Drakos K, and Giannakopoulos N., Brussels February 2012.
- University Of Crete 5th Annual Meeting of the EEFS. International Conference May 2006. “State-Dependent Response of Investment to Cash Flow: Evidence for Asymmetry in European Manufacturing”.
- HE.W.P.E.M, University of Patras: Hellenic Workshop on Productivity & Efficiency Measurement, Patras 2006. “Investment and Cash Flow under Imperfect Capital Markets.”
- “Université d' Orléans- France Conference July 2005. “State-Dependent Response of Investment to Cash Flow: Evidence for Asymmetry in European Manufacturing”.
- 4th Annual Conference of Hellenic Finance and Accounting Association (HFAA), Pireaus, December 2005
- 3rd Annual Conference of Hellenic Finance and Accounting Association (HFAA), Athens, December 2004
- 57th International Atlantic Economic Conference, Lisbon, Portugal March 2004. Kostas Drakos and Christos Kallandranis, “Corporate Dividend Policy of Greek Listed Firms: Sectoral and Temporal Dynamics.”
- 2004-2007 - Scholar of the Research Committee of the University of Patras. (Ref. Code B406). PhD Thesis “Topics on the Dynamics of Capital and Labour Demand: An Empirical Analysis.” 25.000€
- 2005. Summer School in Panel Data Econometrics. University of Bertinoro-Italy.