Position: Module Leader
Faculty: Business & Management
Daniel Alefounder combines a range of design and illustration experience at various levels with an abiding belief in and commitment to the creative potential of all learners.
Inviting students to link their own existing enthusiasm back to the core principles of creativity and design, he seeks to highlight and develop hitherto untapped creative potential, relishing in particular engagement with those who do not consider themselves ‘creative' while seeking to enhance understanding of creative practice for those whose career trajectories (and expectations), fall outside ‘traditional' areas of design.
- BA (Hons), Graphic Design, Liverpool John Moores University, 1997
- PGCE Post-Compulsory Education, Greenwich University, 2011
Relevant Past Employment
- Lecturer in Graphic Design – Foundation, London College of Communication, 2010/12. Delivered a range of drawing activities for Foundation Design Students to address a lack of vital drawing skills amongst students at this level
- Artist/Lecturer – Bow Arts Trust, 2010-12. Planned and delivered a range of art and design workshops for young people in East London.
- Lecturer in Art and Design BTEC (trainee), Bexley College, 2009/10
- Assisted Head of Department with all aspects of teaching and administration focusing on drawing skills and preparation for HE interviews
- Finance Policy Officer, The National Housing Federation, 2005-10, became responsible for the Design and Commission of a range of publications targeted at the social housing sector and beyond
- National Association Educators in Art & Design
Teaching & Course Development
Developed and delivered a range of drawing activities for Foundation students. These formed an important component part of the Foundation course overall, addressing a lack of drawing skills amongst students at this level.
- The relationship between drawing and ideation.
- Illustration as graphic communication
- Notions of ‘talent' and debunking the myth of the creative ‘type'
Various freelance and self-initiated illustration projects – various corporate clients from recruitment to social housing and television.
Last updated: 08 December 2017