Subject(s): Psychotherapy & Psychology
Denise is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist with an academic background in psychology and integrative humanistic counselling. She began her career as an assistant psychologist in a psychiatric hospital in Rome, and later worked in Berlin and London. In the UK she worked for the NHS, Mind, and local authorities' social services. Her universities career includes: teaching at Kings College, Queen Mary College, Schiller Universities and The Institute of Psychotherapy and Social Studies (IPSS).
- MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy & Social Studies, Metropolitan University, London, 2003
- Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, IPSS, London, 2003
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling, CSCT, London, 1997
- Body Psychotherapy (one year course), Chiron Centre, London, 1993
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling, City University, London 1992
- BSc Clinical Psychology (first class), La Sapienza, Rome, 1987
Relevant Past Employment
- 2003 – current, in Private Practice in East London
- 2005 – 2012, Visiting Lecturer – School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology, Regent's University London
- 2004 – 2010, Visiting Lecturer – New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling, International Schiller University, London
- 2001 – 2003, Psychotherapist GP Practice, London
- 2000 – 2001, Counsellor Mind in Haringey, London
- 1990 – 1996, Visiting Lecture in Italian and Italian culture – Kings College, Queen Mary College, University College London (UCL)
- 1987 – 1988, Assistant Psychologist, Psychiatric Hospital, Rome
- Member of UKCP, BPS, IPSS
Teaching & Course Development
- Lecturer, Training and Academic supervisor, Personal tutor and Group facilitator on the MA/PGDip/ADIP and DCounsPsy: Regent's University London
- Denise provides Academic supervision for students on the MA course. Currently she is supervising 4 students.
- Emotional development of the child; affect regulation and trauma.
- Integration of psychoanalysis child development and neuroscience.
- Mental health in a multiethnic society.
- Integration of different psychotherapeutic models
- Embodied phenomena in the relational field of psychotherapy.
Assist with organisation and chairing of conferences and seminars, including regular workshops for adult and child psychotherapists.