Position: Senior EFL Teacher
Faculty: Institute of Languages and Culture
Elise Goodman is a Senior EFL teacher at the English Language School within RILC. Before joining Regent’s University London in 2012, she taught English to Speakers of Other Languages in Manchester, England, and in Rome, Italy. Previously she taught Modern Languages, English, and Media in secondary (11-18) schools across the North-West of England.
- Delta Module One: Understanding Language, Methodology and Resources for Teaching, Cambridge ESOL, 2013
- Delta Module Two: Developing Professional Practice, Cambridge ESOL, 2013
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Modern Languages, Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Education, 2006.
- Master of Modern Languages (MML), French and Russian, The University of Manchester, 2005.
- CELTA, Cambridge ESOL, 2002.
Relevant Past Employment
- April 2011-May 2012: Teacher of EFL, A2Z School of English, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- September 2010- April 2011: Teacher of EFL, various private language institutes, Rome, Italy.
- April 2008 - July 2010: Teacher of English and Media Studies, All Hallows Catholic College, Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Teaching & Course Development
Elise teaches on all ELS courses. She particularly enjoys teaching Speaking and Debate skills classes, and Business English.
- Using ICT in the classroom
- Designing teaching materials using authentic language
- Dogme teaching focusing on emerging language
Last updated: 08 December 2017