Subject(s): Languages and Culture
Esther Lecumberri joined Regent's University London in 1992. Since then, she has been Spanish for Business at all levels, from beginners to last year students both as a Visiting Lecturer and Part-timer. Before coming to England she worked as a Visiting Lecturer of Spanish at Rutgers University in the USA while she was studying her Masters.
She is very interested in Spanish and Latin-American Area Studies. She is also interested in assessment for specific purposes within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. For the last eight years she has worked as an External Examiner for the British Foreign Office setting and conducting exam at all levels. She has also worked as an examiner for the Spanish Chamber of Commerce.
- MA in Spanish Studies, Rutgers University, USA 1988
- BA with Honours in Philology, University of Salamanca, Spain 1985
- Teaching Certificate (CAP), University of Salamanca, Spain 1985
- Diploma in Translation from English into Spanish, Institute of Linguists. London 1991
Relevant Past Employment
- 1992 – current, Spanish Lecturer, Regent's University London
- 2002 – current, External Examiner for the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London
- 1990 – 1992, Spanish Lecturer, University of North London, London
- 1986-1990, Spanish Lecturer, Rutgers University, USA
- Member Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Teaching & Course Development
- Spanish for Business Level 6 LSP6A1 (also Module Leader)
- Spanish for Business Stage 4 LSP5A4 (also Module Leader)
- Contemporary Spain and Latin America (politics, economics and society)
- Setting and marking of exams for specific purposes within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
(2013) “Simulación Global en el contexto de una clase de lengua y contenido”, in Marco ELE, no.16, pp.66-74.
Conference Papers Given
- “Simulación Global en el contexto de una clase de lengua y contenido” II Encuentro para profesores de centros universitarios y de centros formadores de ELE de Londres June 2012.
- “Prácticas de colaboración y comunicación mediada por ordenador” I Encuentro para profesores de centros universitarios y de centros formadores de ELE de Londres June 2011.