Isabel Da Silva
Subject(s): Business & Management
A MBA and Celta postgraduate manager with a strong background in teaching business management and marketing. Loves teaching and has been training and coaching for many years as part of her management and marketing roles. Intending to start a PhD in business research shortly.
Currently lecturing at University of West London, Birkbeck University and Regent's University London. Relevant international teaching experience as well. Taught business, English and career skills both in Spain, Portugal and in the UK for over 10 years.
A member of the Institute for Learning and currently doing a PGCE. Really passionate about teaching and training. Ale to build strong rapport at all levels, engage students and maximise their potential.
Business and career adviser skills trainer/coach/ teacher who developed programmes, in line with company quality systems and approval, to ensure high standards of training and development
A very experienced Operations, Marketing and training Manager with over 15 years experience in different business areas such as FMCG, Retail and Professional Services. Very strong leadership, strategic thinking and planning skills. Sound business acumen, strong people management skills and very commercially focused.
Very strong experience in management, marketing, branding, promoting and selling products and services and customer acquisition and retention and could put it to good use to promote your courses. Also very experienced in business, PR, retail, hospitality and customer care including counselling skills.
In Portugal was a radio sports broadcaster and recently passed the FA Level 1 football-coaching course.
- Current, PGCE at University of West London
- July 2009, CELTA- Certificate in English teaching- Cambridge
- June 2009, Qualified NVQ Assessor- A1 NVQ Assessor Award
- 2004 – 2005, CIM Professional diploma in Marketing, Thames Valley University, Ealing
- 2002 – 2004, Certificate in Psychology and Certificate in Counselling, Thames Valley University, Ealing
- 1997 – 1998, Post-Graduation MBA - Masters in Business Administration, University of N. London
- 1994 – 1997, Bsc (Hons) in Politics and Modern History, Brunel University, Uxbridge
Relevant Past Employment
- Current, Regent's University London – Module leader and lecturer of marketing, business and management and English
- Current, Lecturer of Marketing Communications, Innovation and creativity at UWL, Ealing
March 2010 – current, Lecturer of brand and marketing comms at Birbeck University (BBA) London.
- November 2009 – July 2010, School of Information and risk management (SIRM)- Business, marketing and brand management
- January 2009 – October 2009, Business studies and employment skills tutor/ Trainer & Coach - 5E LTD- Training
May 2008 – December 2008, Language and business lecturer- Ideas Academy and private tuition- Spain.
- June 2007 – May 2008, Head of Marketing /Area business manager/trainer& coach- JHA-one of the leading dental, cosmetic and beauty groups in the UK
- September 2004 – May 2008, English Teacher /Trainer & Brand Manager – Tapanco Restaurant-London
- June 2000 – July 2003, Category Marketing Planner- Safeway Head Office and Convenience stores
- April 1992 – August 2000, Marketing Manager & Hospitality Events Organizer London
- May 1987 – April 1992, PR & Marketing Manager/Radio Broadcaster Festival Communications Agency Portugal
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy