Senior Lecturer and Course Leader, Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy
Subject(s): Psychotherapy & Psychology
Jonathan’s early career was as a Teacher of Geography in Secondary Education in number of Inner London State Schools before moving to Goldsmiths, University of London as a Teacher Educator. During this time, Jonathan re-trained as an Existential Psychotherapist at the then, Regent’s College, now Regent’s University, London. Currently, Jonathan is Course Leader for the Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy at RUL and teaches on the MA Psychotherapy and Counselling and is a Module Leader on the Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education.
- Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy, Regent's University London, London, 2004
- MA Psychotherapy and Counselling, City University, 2002
- PGCE, Goldsmiths, University of London, 1984
- BA(Hons) Geography, CNAA, 1981
Relevant Past Employment
- Teacher of Geography A range of Inner London State Secondary Schools 1984 – 2000
- Lecturer in Education Goldsmiths, University of London 2000-2012
- Senior Lecturer/Course Leader ADEP Regent’s University, London 2011 -
- Senior Fellowship of the HEA
- Member of UKCP
- Member of Society for Existential Analysis Reviewer
Teaching & Course Development
- Supervisor of MA dissertations
- Examined 2 MA dissertations.
- External examining experience for PGCE for 2 universities.
- The place of the body and sexuality in psychotherapy
- Existential perspectives on psychopathology
- Phenomenology as a basis for creative conversations
- Hall, J (2005). Understanding and Interpretation in the Clinical Setting: A Heideggarian Perspective Existential Analysis, 15.1 pp.109-115