Position: Lecturer in Screenwriting
Faculty: Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences
Line Langebek is a Danish-born screenwriter who has been living in the UK since the late 90s. She has worked as a commissioned writer on shorts and features in the UK, US, France, Denmark and Norway, a freelance script consultant (for e.g. Matador Pictures - London and LA offices), as well as a translator and subtitler for TV. She has also contributed to magazines such as Broadcast, Scriptwriter UK, Sight & Sound and written short stories for Norwegian radio. Her produced credits include both numerous shorts, feature films (fiction and documentary) and drama for TV.
- MA in TV Scriptwriting - De Montfort University 2001-2004 (part time)
- MA The Theory and Practice of Literary Translation - Middlesex University 2002-2003
- BA (Hons) Scriptwriting for Film and TV - Bournemouth University 1998-2001
Relevant Past Employment
- Lecturer in Screenwriting on BASW, MAWM and MASW courses at Bournemouth University's Media School 2009-2012
- Visiting lecturer at Kingston Univesity and the London Film School, 2010 - current
- Subtitler of film and TV for Day For Night, UK
- 2014 - FIELD STUDY, BFI Short Film Awards, produced by the BFI and Rooks Nest
- 2013 - SINK OR SWIM, 1/2 hour original drama for TV. Channel 4 / Touchpaper TV.
- 2012 - ANONYMOUS, short film. Inspiration Films.
- 2010 - DUAM DRITE: WE WANT LIGHT, feature length documentary. TS Productions France.
- 2008 - I'LL COME RUNNING, feature film. Produced by Parts and Labor, US.
- 2008 - ECHOES. Short film (starring Joanne Frogatt). White Lantern Productions
- 2007 - EVERGREEN, hour-long drama for TV. Produced by Asta Film and DFI
- 2004 - CHEER UP, short, Magic Hour Films, DK
IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
- DEAR DARKNESS, feature in development with 65 Wilding Films, UK/Finnish co-production
- GREENLAND CAPTIVE, 6-part TV series in development with Red Productions, UK
- OBAYIFO, feature film in development with Wingbeat Pictures
- MANSFIELD, 3-parter for TV in development with Kudos
- Writers' Guild of Great Britain (WGGB)
- Authors' Collecting and Licencing Society (ALCS)
- English PEN
Teaching & Course Development
- Year 3 leader for the BASW course at Bournemouth University (2011- 2012)
- Year 2 leader for the BASW course at Bournemouth University (2009- 2011)
- Development of the Script Reading and Editing unit on the BASW and MASW courses at Bournemouth University
Political films, politics in film and TV, using improvisation in writing.
- Langebek, Line (2011), 'Screenwriting Conference Copenhagen 2010, review: A heady mix of theory and practice - as observed by a new researcher', Journal of Screenwriting 2:2, pp.287-290.
- Langebek, Line (2005), 'Close But No Cigar' (Rough Cut column), Broadcast Magazine 27 May 2005.
- Langebek, Line (2003), 'The Arena as Character', ScriptWriter Magazine, November 2003
- A member of the WGGB Film Committee, chaired by Olivia Hetreed (since 2007). Co-chair of the Film Committee together with Andrea Gibb, since May 2013.
- Helped develop 'Writing Film: A Good Guide' - a publication by WGGB that launched at the Cheltenham Screenwriters Festival in 2009.
- Freelance script consultant for Matador Pictures and others.
Conference Papers Given
- International Screenwriting Research Conference - Madison, US, September 2013: "Cassavetes' Screenwriting Pratice - Improvising the Emotions" - panel presentation with Spencer Parsons, Northwestern University Il USA.
- International Screenwriting Research Conference - Brussels September 2011: "London, Texas - Screenwriting Across Borders" - panel presentation with Spencer Parsons, Northwestern University Il USA.
- International Screenwriting Research Conference - Copenhagen September 2010: "Battling the Politics of the Story".
Last updated: 08 December 2017