Position: Course Leader - Screenwriting & Producing and MA Writing for Screen and Stage
Faculty: Drama, Film and Media
Phil Hughes is a screenwriter for film and television. He has developed numerous feature film and television scripts over the years. He has worked with some of the major producers in the UK and has also developed projects in Hollywood. He has two produced feature films to his name and a number of television credits.
- 1980 – 1983, Westfield College, University of London, English Lit 2:1 (Hons)
- 1973 – 1980, Christ's Hospital School, West Sussex
Relevant Past Employment
- 2009 – 2011, ICT TEACHER – CRB approved teacher for primary age children at The Children's House School in North London
- 2012 – current, Course Leader Screenwriting & Producing at RSDFM, Regent's University London
- 2013 – current, Course Leader MA Writing For Stage and Screen at RSDFM, Regent's University London
- 2009 – 2013, Screenwriting Tutor on Four Corners Training program for film school graduates from four European film schools.
- 2008, Screenwriting Tour on ScripTeast Training program based in Poland supporting Eastern European film makers
- 2000 – current, FREELANCE WRITER, Over 30 feature film scripts developed/in development during the last eleven years.
- 2002 – THUNDERPANTS, Feature film. Mission Pictures/Pathe Pictures
- 2007 - I WANT CANDY, Feature film. Fragile Films/Ealing Studios
- THE QUEEN'S NOSE, Writer for series 4 & 5 of popular BBC series
- DUSTY AND MUSTY, Four episodes of HIT Entertainment animated series
- CARE SHORTS, Five short internet films for Brook Lapping
- MONKEY LIFE, script editor/writer for series 5 & 6 of Channel 5 doc
- ROYAL BIRDMEN, one-off documentary for Channel 5
IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
- THE NEST EGG, sixfoursixty productions
- PSYCHO MAFIA, Roast Beef Productions
- THE CHUCKLEBEARS, spec feature script sold to Paramount Pictures
- THE GENTLEMAN'S GENTLEMAN, spec feature script sold to Twentieth Century Fox
- MINIGOLF, Qwerty Films
- THE DAY BOB DIED, Anonymous Content
- 2000 – 2002, Swiss Development Fund, Selecting film and TV projects for the Swiss government applying for development support.
- 1995 – 2000, European Media Development Agency Head of Fiction, running an in-house team alongside a team of readers assessing film and television projects from 14 countries of the European Union for development support. Reporting directly to the European Commission in Brussels.
- 1990 – 1995, European Script Fund Assistant to Head of Selection co-ordinating the reading and assessment of film projects from 14 countries of the European Union for development support
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- A member of the Writers Guild of America
Last updated: 01 March 2018