Silva De Benedictis
Position: Lecturer in French and Italian
Faculty: Institute of Languages and Culture
Silva De Benedictis joined Regent's University London in 2007. Since then she has been teaching French for business to undergraduates and post graduate students, and been involved in the design of course syllabus. Silva is also lecturing at the King’s College and the London Business School.
- License de FLE (teaching French in Further & Higher Education) - Université Stendhal Grenoble 3 – France
- Capes in Italian (teaching Italian in Further & Higher Education) - IUFM of Paris – France
- Master's Degree in Economic and Legal Translation (English/Italian/French), Univ. Sorbonne Nouvelle, France
- Master's Degree in Russian – Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales – France
Relevant Past Employment
- 2007 – present: Lecturer in French and Module Leader, Regent's University London
- 2015 – present: Lecturer in Italian and Module Leader, Regent's University London
- 2011 – present: Lecturer in French on the MBA program, London Business School
- 2011 – present: Lecturer in French, evening classes and intensive courses, King’s College London
- 2011 – present: Lecturer in French at the European Medecine Agency, London
- 2011 – Lecturer of Econonmic, Technical and Legal Translation (English-French), Westminster University London
- 2007 – French Tutor at the HM Treasury and in International Business companies such as E. Zegna, Artemis.
- 1998 – 2000: Lecturer of French Literature and History, Teching on the evening course for DELF/ DALF examinations at the Lomonossov Moscow State University, Russia.
Teaching & Course Development
- Teaching and developing diverse French and Italian Modules for the BAIB Programme for undergraduate students
- Teaching and developing the Language for Business: French at MA level
Silva has external examining experience to EPF (School of Engineering, Sceaux, France) and also to La Maison des Examens Académie de Créteil, France.
- E-learning and blended learning
- Fostering students' engagement and motivation
De Benedictis, S. & Norman, J. (2013). French phrase book. London: Penguin Books. 4th ed. https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/56722/the-penguin-french-phrasebook/
Last updated: 01 March 2018