Position: Visiting Lecturer
Linkedin: View Linkedin profile
Faculty: Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences
Steve Jensen is a Designer, Artist & Academic who has operated between the boundaries of Art and Architecture for nearly twenty-five years.
This balance of professional practice and education has created a unique body of work that has enabled him to formulate a strong design identity and educational aptitude.
Through the development of his professional practice, he has discovered a new perspective can be gained through further distillation of an idea to both compliment and improve an initial brief or a project's goal.
Through applying practical skills and experience, researching, resolving and constructing his own projects he is led to believe that a practical approach to the creative process is essential.
Relevant Past Employment
- MBM Architects Barcelona, 1991-93
- Juggernaut Design Owner & Company Director, 1993-99
- Theatre design with Sean Holmes, 1994 -96.
- Stephen Donald Architects Ltd., 2000-01
- Other Peoples Houses, 2002-04
- Honey I Ruined the House, 2004-05
- Ralph Applebaum Ltd., 2010
- Olympic Legacy Company & Groundwork, 2011-12
- Textbasedartspace, 1996-present
- Anarchitect Owner & Company director, 2002-12
- SJd - Steve Jensen Design, 2012-present
Teaching & Course Development
- 1995-96: Langley College of Design and Technology - Sessional Lecturer on Art Foundation course.
- 1996-2012: Interior Design Kingston University - Sessional Lecturer at all levels.
- 2000-2003: Interior Design London Institute/Chelsea College of Art - Sessional Lecturer and studio leader
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets Adult Learning tutor - Sessional Tutor
- 2009-2014: London Metropolitan University - Interior Architecture Sessional Lecturer Studio 1 leader
- 2014–2015The Sir John Cass Faculty of Art, Architecture and Design
- Course Leader Interior Architecture - 1st Year leader Interiors
- Studio 4 leader - Interior Architecture and Design
- 2011-2016University of Westminster - Interior Architecture. Sessional Lecturer 3rd year.
- 2016-presentRoyal College of Art Interior Design - Tutor
- Blueprint Magazine/ Canon Design of the year award, 1994
- ICA / Toshiba Arts and Innovation Award, 1995
- UIA Barcelona Concourso Architecture Competition, 1996
- A Band to Stand in. Public Art Competition, 2002
- Seamless Furniture. Milan Furniture Fair. Dezeen award, 2005
- Quality Britain representative Tokyo, 2006
- Tallinn Art School Architecture Competition, 2007
- Vivienne Westwood Design Studios Competition, 2008
Last updated: 09 July 2018