Position: Visiting Lecturer
Faculty: Creative and Liberal Arts
Areas of Expertise: Branding, Fashion Marketing and Fashion PR, Content and Digital Strategies
Sue has worked as a brand consultant for over ten years across multiple sectors with a bias in fashion, beauty, film, music and sports. She is a specialist in consumer PR with heavyweight contacts in both the UK and international media (men & women lifestyle, print, online and broadcast) together with social media influencers, celebrity management/stylists. Her strength lies in her can-do attitude and ability to build a successful profile through a cohesive PR strategy that ensures exposure on the right platforms and in the right way.
Sue has singlehandedly been responsible for successful launches from products and services to brands and individuals. She has launched well known celebrities into fashion accessories; Alesha Dixon, Kimberley Walsh and Lily Allen. Through her work, she has also become a lecturer and academic for BA and MA programmes at Regent's University London and works closely with trend forecasting organisations.
Sue is an internationally acclaimed speaker on key topics; branding and content marketing and digital strategies for the fashion industry
- University of the Arts London: Central Saint Martins, Cool Hunting, 2013
- Bournemouth University: Legal Practice Course, 1995 – 1996
- Manchester Metropolitan University: LLB (Hons) Law 1995
Relevant Past Employment
- November 2016 – to date: LLP SA – Brand Marketing Consultant
- Working with LLP SA to develop global expansion for their solely owned brand ‘Reserved’; with imminent moves into Germany and the UK.
- August 2016 – December 2016: Mess Magazine – Strategy Manager and Editor
- Mess Magazine was established in January 2014, becoming one of the most original fashion online magazines that proudly gained the attention of professionals in the fashion industry such as: Stefano Gabbana, Donna Karan, Anja Rubik, Chantal Thomas, Nicola Formichetti, Roberto Cavalli, Fashion One Television and editors from magazines such as Glamour, Elle, Marie Claire, I-D and Schon Magazine.
- February 2016 – to date: Fashion Bloc – Guest Lecturer
- F Bloc Business Booster by Fashion Bloc is aimed at helping established and growing* fashion designers from emerging fashion destinations to expand internationally
- January 2016 – to date: Fashion PR Talks (Warsaw, Poland) – Lecturer and Guest Speaker
- Fashion PR Talks is the first Polish fashion platform to provide a fresh perspective on public relations, marketing, fashion and new communication tools
- January 2015 – to date: Istituto Marangoni (London) – Guest Lecturer in ‘Fashion Business’
- September 2014 – to date: University of the Arts London (London College of Fashion and Fashion Business School)
- Lecturer and Industry Panellist
- November 2014 – November 2015: The Freelancer Club – Mentor
- October 2014 – to date: Fashion Innovation Agency - Marketing Agent/Introducer
- January 2014 – to date: Tree Communications – PR Manager (Fashion Special Projects and Travel) Icelandair (UK focus)
- August 2016 – to present: Blackstar Apparel – Brand Consultant
- December 2015 – February 2016: Naya Rea – Brand Consultant
- September 2014 – November 2015: 55Factory – PR Manager and Booking Agent
- June 2015 – August 2015: MaiStylz – Brand Consultant
- March 2014 – April 2014: Vashi.com – Head of Communications (Contract Term)
- September 2013 – October 2014: Oppermann – Brand Consultant
- September 2013 – February 2014: Nokian by Julia Lundsten – PR Consultant (Special Projects)
- April 2013 – July 2014: The Sandal and the Craftsman - PR Project Partner
- September 2013 – January 2014: Alexia Parmigiani Luxury Scarves – Brand Consultant
- February 2013 – April 2013: Fitflop – Freelance PR Director
- November 2012 – December 2012: Eden Cancan – Freelance Associate Director
- May 2012 – July 2012: Aurora Fashions – Freelance PR Consultant
- January 2012 – March 2012: Arcadia Group Limited – Freelance PR Consultant
- October 2007 – September 2011: Brand Guru – Owner/Director
- Full Director responsibility; including a team of four staff and fiscal for the consumer brands
- Project Highlights:
- Launch of Giles Deacon’s first high street jewellery collection – UK media and A-list celebrities in attendance.
- Launch of Giles Deacon’s first fine jewellery collection during London Fashion Week – Somerset House event. UK and international media in attendance. Coordination of all worldwide media coverage and celebrity endorsements. Development and implementation of a global PR strategy for the brand.
- Launch of Lily Allen jewellery – UK in attendance and coordination of all UK and international media coverage.
- Devising the creative brief and coordinating a photo shoot for the Lily Allen jewellery campaign images. Development and implementation of a global PR strategy for the brand.
- Relaunch of Agent Provocateur jewellery – Coordination of all UK and media coverage.
- Launch of Alesha Dixon jewellery – UK media in attendance.
- Launch of Kimberley Walsh jewellery – UK media in attendance.
- Relaunch of Agent Provocateur jewellery – Coordination of all UK and international media coverage.
- Devising the creative brief and coordinating a photo shoot for the Kimberley Walsh jewellery campaign images.
- Celebrity gifting activity during the Cannes Film Festival (2007, 2008 and 2009) – Quentin Tarantino for Police during all interviews and photo calls, Eva Longoria for Givenchy, Rocco (son of Madonna and Guy Ritchie) for Love from Australia, the children of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for Love from Australia.
- Film associations with Sony Pictures – Coordination for Police timewear, in conjunction with the films ‘Terminator Salvation’ and ‘Wanted’.
- Celebrity endorsements with celebrities in the sporting world (Danny Cipriani for Police during his time at London Wasps)
Last updated: 08 December 2017