We’re excited to introduce our Commitment to Students for Online Learning. Our Commitment outlines how we’re going to transform the online experience of our students – even if that experience is only temporary.
After a rapid temporary transition to online learning in response to the COVID-19 pandemic for the Spring 2020 Term, we've:
- listened to what our students have told us about their experience, both via online surveys and through the Students’ Union;
- talked to industry leaders in online learning; and
- gathered together our Regent’s experts to share best practice.
As a result, we've designed an approach to online teaching that is:
- clear and fair for our students; and
- will improve the way that we deliver teaching, learning and assessment.
Regent’s Commitment to Students for Online Learning recognises that online delivery is a temporary measure for most of our students, and it is designed to underpin a high-quality student experience whether the teaching is delivered remotely or on-campus.
Our Commitment has 10 guiding principles:
1. Tailored for online and face to face
2. Structured for success
3. Discussion and collaboration
4. Active learning
5. Assessment and achievement
6. Academic guidance and feedback
7. Introducing "Regent’s Global Experts" Series
8. Accessible content
9. Personalised student support
10. Academic skills and your future
Our Commitment to Students for Online Learning has been developed in concert with the Regent’s Responds: Autumn Action Plan and is our commitment to you. We hope it provides you with confidence that Regent’s is taking bold and appropriate action to ensure you are able to continue to achieve your learning and career aspirations amidst these unprecedented and challenging times.