About this event
Here at Regent’s University London, we value pupils having opportunities to grow into confident young individuals – developing the critical, practical skills necessary to ensure they are highly employable and equipped for the ever-changing job market. This is the driving force behind this project and it is truly reflective of the unique Regent’s University London student experience.
We’ve come up with a unique project that enables pre-degree level pupils (A-Level or equivalent) from around the world to gain hands-on presentation experience, while being in with the chance of winning an array of exciting prizes.
Whether pupils are interested in studying Liberal Studies, Psychology, Business or another subject, we’ve designed this project with all pupils in mind. Pupils will have the opportunity to present a topic of interest to a panel of judges including successful alumni, entrepreneurs and Regent’s academics – all with extensive experience in their fields. They are keen to hear original ideas, arguments and presentational styles, so think creatively!
- A Regent’s scholarship for the winner – offering 10% off tuition fees in their first year followed by 5% off in their second and third years (for September 2021 entry)
- An apple iPad for the runners up
- A certificate to all participants: a concrete demonstration of their communication skills and digital knowledge – helping future applicants stand out from the crowd
- How you’d promote an Instagram page to reach 3000 followers in one month
- How you can promote your country as a tourist destination
- Your thoughts on COVID-19 – the loss of habits and routines, and the creation of new ones
*Please choose one of the above 3 topics. Presentations should last between 5-8 minutes, maximum 8 slides. Students can use a PowerPoint or an alternative. These should be sent to [email protected] by midnight on 23 May.
Dates to remember
- Any time before 23 May – students must register their participation via the “Register” button above and send their presentation to [email protected] by midnight on 23 May
- 28 May – Presentation day! Pupils will present to our panel of experts via Microsoft Teams. We will assign presentation times individually.
- 18 June – we will announce the winners of the various prizes via email on the 18 June so do keep an eye on your inbox.
What are our judges looking for?
- Communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of the topic
Good luck – we're so excited to see what you’re capable of! If you have any questions, contact us on [email protected].