Model UN 2017
The 2017 conference will address some of the most pressing and rising concerns on the Agenda of the United Nations. The world has experienced numerous complex events and crises in the past year, including a rise in intolerance, challenges to environmental security and development, and the continuation of global humanitarian crises. The world is visibly changing and your task this year is to explore innovative solutions to pursue international peace and security through the United Nations.
Therefore, the theme of this 2017 Conference is: "The Future of Security"
Committees & Topics
General Assembly 1st Committee
- Combatting the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction
- Creating a culture of peace through the elimination of discrimination, racism, xenophobia and related intolerance
Human Rights Council
- Indigenous and environmental rights
- The situation with the Rohingya in Myanmar
- The future of international humanitarian law and intervention
- Crisis (TBA): related to preventing/addressing armed conflict
Please note that all spaces have been filled for the conference, and we will not be accepting any more applications. If you would like to participate next year, please get in touch.
If you would like to arrange a school visit to arrange some training/simulations, please contact Sabrina White at [email protected].