Immigration and visas

Please read this page carefully as it is important to ensure you have the correct documentation with you to complete the registration process.

Documents for course registration

In order to register onto the course you must bring the following original* documents:

  • Passport (Applies to ALL UK, EU and overseas students)
  • Visa - Biometric Residence Permit (BRP applies for overseas students)
  • Original Certificates and transcripts from your qualifications as used to obtain your offer
  • Original certified English translations of any documents not issued in English
  • Any other outstanding documentation per your offer letter

Failure to provide ALL outstanding documentation will prevent you from registering onto the course.

*An original document is the document as issued by the institution or awarding body and typically has a seal, stamp or other security feature to verify it is an original. Copies or scans will not be accepted. 

Please note a drivers licence will not be accepted as a substitute for your passport.

If you have questions regarding specific document requirements, please contact the Admissions team at [email protected] prior to registration.

BRP collection

You must collect your BRP from the nominated Post Office branch (stated on your Home Office decision letter) before your vignette expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK, whichever is the later. You will need to have already obtained your BRP from the nominated Post Office in order register onto your course.

If you do not have your BRP card you will need to speak with a member of the Student Immigration and Compliance Services (SICS) who will be able to explain what you need to do next. Please have your Passport and Home Office decision letter with you.

SICS are located in Acland building, Room 010.

Police Registration

For students who are required to register with the Police, you are required to do so within 7 days of arrival to the UK. If you are required to register with the Police this will be confirmed on your vignette. You must complete the Registration Proforma online, before printing and signing. Handwritten versions of the proforma will not be accepted. 

  1. Photo Requirements: Only one photo is required which mus be pasted, not stapled within the guidelines on the form. The photo must be in colour and of true likeness. The size must be no more or no less than 45 millimetres (mm) high x 35 millimetres (mm) wide. Any photo that does not meet this requirement will result in the application being refused. Although there are no specific background colour requirements, the background must be plain.
  2. Errors and Amendments: Any errors and/or amendments will not be accepted on the forms.
  3. Required documents:
    1. Passport (with visa)
    2. 1 x Completed proforma
    3. 1 x Colour photo (45mm x 35mm) pasted to the proforma
    4. Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) if applicable
    5. £34.00 registration fee

In case of 30 day visa registration and in addition to the above listed documents, students can either attend with their grant letter issued overseas with their Entry Clearance or their BRP (if they have collected theirs from the post office prior to attending to register).

Copies of the passport page and visa/BRP will no longer be required if registering in person.

The performa can be downloaded from the Met Police's website.

Contact details

You will need to ensure to keep us updated with your current address, email and telephone number. This is integral since we use these mediums to communicate important information to you. If you details should change whilst studying you will need to update us as soon as you can.

Travelling to the UK

If you are yet to travel to the UK, you can watch the videos below from the Home Office that explain what you can expect at the border if you are not sure what to look out for when you arrive in the UK. It’s recommended to follow their advice to help them process you quickly and improve your experience at the UK border.