The third annual Arab Women of the Year Awards has successfully celebrated the incredible accomplishments and achievements made by Arab women across the globe.
Held at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel, London, the event recognised outstanding Arab women who have made their mark on the international stage and contributed immeasurably to public life.
Held in partnership with Regent’s University London, Bicester Village, London and Partners, La Vallee Village, and the Arab British Business Association, the gala dinner on Thursday 30 November welcomed international business and community leaders, as well as celebrities from film, music and sport.
Having been involved with the Awards since its inception in 2015, Regent's also partnered with the London Arabia Fashion and Art Week earlier in the year.
This year's awards attracted a huge number of varied and diverse nominations from all over the world. The 2017 Award winners were:
- Dr Hania Morsi Fadl: Achievement in Social Leadership
- Sheikha Intisar Alsabah: Achievement in Community Development
- Dr Maha El-Khalil Chalabi: Achievement in Culture
- HRH Princess Lamia Bint Majid Al Saud: Achievement in Philanthropies
- Nawal El Kuwaitia: Achievement in Music
- Yasmine Sabri: Achievement in Promoting Women's Advancement
- Shaikha Hind Al Khalifa: Achievement in Trade Development
- Hala Kazim: Achievement in Motivation and Wellbeing
- Professor Karma Nabulsi: Achievement in Education
- Ragihda Dergham: Achievement in Journalism
- Hind Al Eryani: Achievement in Public Awareness
Professor Aldwyn Cooper, Vice Chancellor of Regent’s University London and Chair of the Awards, said:
“Last year at this event we celebrated some remarkable achievements by extraordinary women from many countries and many different backgrounds.
“This year, we celebrated the achievements of more Arab women who should be recognised for their contributions, and who are role models for others, and for generations to come.
“In this last year, we have seen exhibitions and conferences in London that have shown the quality of Arab art, design and fashion at the London Arabia Art and Fashion Week. We have seen many new entrepreneurial businesses develop here that were initiated in the Arab world.
“It has been my real pleasure to collaborate with the other sponsors in determining these awards.”