English is an international language which allows you to be up to speed with today’s fast-paced economy. Improving your English can help you advance your career and open up new opportunities. The English for Work online course has been specially designed to equip you with the skills you need to communicate effectively and confidently in a modern workplace. Lessons are delivered live using the online platform Microsoft Teams, compatible with laptops and other mobile devices.
This English for Work online course is a two-week programme for individuals who are at an early stage in their career, preparing for a career change or aiming to find a job in an English- speaking workplace. This course is ideal for non-native speakers of English who have studied English and reached intermediate level (B1 on the CEFR). If you are unsure about your level, you can always schedule a free English level test with one of our teachers before you book the English for Work course.
Our experienced teachers will help you build communication skills and practise language to help you to feel better integrated into your new or future work environment. The course content covers the following:
- How to write a good CV
- How to prepare a cover letter
- Searching and applying for jobs
- Preparing for an interview
- Talking about your skills and experience
- Job interview role plays
- Presentation skills
- Writing work emails
The course will allow you to:
- Increase your confidence when speaking English and writing more effectively
- Communicate successfully with others in the workplace
- Respond appropriately within a variety of contexts to achieve your aims
- Develop your vocabulary and grammar for business situations
- Improve essential soft skills as well as your networking skills
Apply by clicking the 'apply now' button above, or selecting your preferred course date from the box below.
This two-week programme costs £390.
You'll be taught 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), from 9:30 to 11:45 BST, including a 15-minute break.
The minimum level of English proficiency required is Intermediate (B1+).
You must be at least 16 years old to study this course.