We're reopening our English Language Centre for face-to-face classes from Monday 14 September. Please see the 'Returning to Campus' section below for more information.
Our English Plus Programme helps students to accelerate their English language skills and improve their career prospects.
Students on this programme attend our Intensive English course (minimum 8 weeks) which is followed by a work placement in a London-based company (minimum 4 weeks). The duration of the programme is flexible, with the course forming two-thirds of the programme and the work placement a third.
Our Intensive English language course is aimed at helping you improve all your skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking) as well as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. The course is highly interactive, encouraging you to work on your English fluency, accuracy and communication skills in a dynamic and friendly environment.
Having completed the course, you will move on to a work placement in a London-based company where you put the knowledge and skills you have gained into practice.
We offer the placements in a wide range of sectors including marketing, business administration, event management, hospitality and tourism as well as specialist areas such as engineering, finance, architecture, film and TV production, fashion design, HR and software development.
Students on this course have access to extra-curricular activities provided by Regent’s University London (e.g. trips to London sights, English conversation club, sports, taster lectures etc.) as well as the University's facilities (Regent’s library and self-study areas, refectory, café etc). In autumn 2020, extra-curricular activities will be delivered online and access to some parts of the campus may be restricted.
Returning to Campus
From Monday 14 September, students can enjoy all the benefits of learning a language in-person at our stunning Regent’s Park campus. They’ll get personal support from expert tutors, and meet their classmates in a safe, socially distanced setting.
Health and safety
We’ve been working hard to get our campus ready, both to minimise the risk of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
Here's what we're doing:
- We’re hosting our placement testing and induction sessions online via Microsoft Teams, rather than in person, before each course begins
- We’re spreading classes across campus, using larger classrooms and staggering break times to increase separation and maintain social distancing
- We're increasing ventilation by opening windows frequently, making hand sanitiser widely available, and cleaning classrooms thoroughly before and after each lesson
- We’re encouraging students and academics to wear a mask at all times while walking around campus, and utilising a new one-way traffic system to maintain distancing
- We’re reducing paper handouts, encouraging online resources and using online channels (such as email and Microsoft Teams) to communicate where possible
We're also continuing to follow government guidelines closely and make updates to our processes as needed.
If you have any further questions or would simply like to chat through your options, please get in touch via email at [email protected].