Please note: We are not currently accepting applications for courses starting before June owing to our current suspension of face-to-face teaching. We recommend considering our online options - more details can be found here.
Private tuition is suitable for students interested in a tailor-made course that focuses on their specific needs. The content of the course is based on students' interests, strengths and weaknesses.
This course offers one-to-one private English language tuition. The syllabus is tailored to meet the specific needs of the student.
You can apply for private tuition by contacting [email protected] with details about your specific requirements, including English proficiency level, proposed start date, and any other information that will help us build a course for you.
Applying to study at Regent's is a quick and easy process. We accept direct applications and have no formal application deadlines.
Private Tuition is priced at £70 per hour.
A communicative English language course tailored to the needs and interests of the student.
Private Tuition tends to be provided on a one-to-one basis, but two or three-to-one options are also available.
The course curriculum and schedule is entirely flexible to the student's needs.
Please note there are no classes on the following dates:
Christmas 2019: Friday 20 December 2019 – Monday 6 January 2020
New Year’s Day: 1 January 2020
Good Friday: 10 April 2020
Easter Monday: 13 April 2020
Early May Bank Holiday: 8 May 2020
Spring Bank Holiday: 25 May 2020
Summer Bank Holiday: 31 August 2020
Christmas 2020: dates TBA
Please note that we do not offer any refunds for bank holidays, or other pre-scheduled days when the Centre is closed.
There are no specific entry requirements as such to enrol for Private tuition.
Please note the minimum age for students wishing to join this course is 16 years old.
As part of your application, you are required to submit the following supporting documents:
- A scan or photo of the ID page of your passport
English is a global language, used in a business context in many parts of the world. Learning how to speak, understand, read and write English may improve your career prospects, not just in majority English-speaking countries, but worldwide. Not only this, but more than one billion people worldwide can speak English. Learning it yourself gives you the ability to communicate with new people across the globe.
• I understand that I need to supply a passport copy (or ID copy for EU citizens) and colour photograph to [email protected]
• I understand I will not receive a Student ID card on arrival if I do not submit a colour photograph one week prior to course start date
• I understand that in order to have my application processed, I need to pay a deposit
• I certify that the information I supplied on my application form is correct
• I certify that the information I supplied on my level is correct
• I have received and understand all of the programme costs. I agree to pay the balance of fees on (or before) the first day of class
• I understand that my passport will be checked when I arrive at the school and it is my responsibility to have the right visa
• I understand that I will take an English test when I arrive at the school. I will be placed in the best level for my ability based on those tests. There are no classes on test days
• I understand the Cancellation Policy as outlined below
• I understand it is my responsibility to organize medical and other insurance for my stay in the UK (RILC does not provide this)
• I authorise qualified medical diagnosis and treatment of injury to the student and authorise release of medical information for treatment and insurance purposes. I understand that I am responsible for medical expenses outside the limits of any applicable medical insurance and that pre-existing health conditions are not covered by health insurance
• I understand that I am responsible for all expenses, including personal expenses whilst attending RILC. I authorise RILC to release information regarding my studies to my sponsoring agency or my guardian. I also authorise any appropriate medical centre or personnel to examine and / or treat me for any illness/injury I incur while a student at the school
• I understand that I will be issued a handbook on arrival which outlines the policies and procedures of the school. I will read and follow the procedures as set out in the guidelines
Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
• All fees must be paid two weeks prior to course start date
• The course deposit and housing fee is non-refundable
• Fees paid are refundable if you cancel two weeks prior to the beginning of the course (with the exception of course deposit and housing application fee)
• You may change or cancel your homestay/private home with two weeks’ notice only with bookings of more than 4 weeks. Students who wish to cancel accommodation in student residences will be charged the cancellation rates of the residence. Ask the school for details
• Refunds will be sent to the student or guardian normally within thirty (30) days. Post and bank fees will be deducted if applicable
• No refunds will be given once the course has started
Other related policies
• Please note all our classes have a maximum of 15 students