The Summer Residential English Language Programme at Regent’s University London offers you the opportunity to take part in all kinds of learning, both in the classroom and the city beyond.
The programme includes:
- An airport transfer
- Accommodation with meal credit
- 15 hours of tuition each week
- Social activities and trips
- Course materials
- Programme certificate
Applying to study at Regent's is a quick and easy process. We accept direct applications and have no formal application deadlines.
Course fees for Summer 2019
Course fees for Summer 2020
The programme includes airport transfer, accommodation with meal credit, 15 hours of tuition each week, course materials, programme certificate and social activities.
Please see here for information on how to pay.
A communicative English language course balancing the four skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking, as well as focusing on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and aspects of British culture. The classes are personalised and engaging, with a clear focus on meaningful and developmental activities which promote language learning in the context of the classroom and beyond. We take a task-based approach, working to clear, measurable goals. We teach problem-solving skills and learning strategies, so that you can continue to learn outside the classroom. Courses are flexible and respond to your individual needs and difficulties. Teachers provide frequent feedback so you can evaluate your progress on the course.
For this course, we have a maximum class size of 15. This allows students to benefit from a personalised and interactive learning environment.
9:15 – 11:00 lessons
11:00 – 11:15 break
11:15 – 12:30 lessons
In addition to your studies, leisure activities in the afternoons, evenings and weekends are organised by the English Language Centre. These provide the opportunity to get to know your fellow students, explore London and practice your English in real-life situations.
We require a minimum of A2 (pre-intermediate) level.
Please note the minimum age for students wishing to join this course is 16 years old.
As part of your application, you are required to submit the following supporting documents:
- A scan or photo of the ID page of your passport
This course gives you the opportunity to learn English in the world’s greatest English-speaking city, and practice what you’ve learned in a series of fun social activities.
English is a global language, used in a business context in many parts of the world. Learning how to speak, understand, read and write English may improve your career prospects, not just in majority English-speaking countries, but worldwide. Not only this, but more than one billion people worldwide can speak English. Learning it yourself gives you the ability to communicate with new people across the globe.
• I understand that I need to supply a passport copy (or ID copy for EU citizens) and colour photograph to [email protected]
• I understand I will not receive a Student ID card on arrival if I do not submit a colour photograph one week prior to course start date
• I understand that in order to have my application processed, I need to pay a deposit
• I certify that the information I supplied on my application form is correct
• I certify that the information I supplied on my level is correct
• I have received and understand all of the programme costs. I agree to pay the balance of fees on (or before) the first day of class
• I understand that my passport will be checked when I arrive at the school and it is my responsibility to have the right visa
• I understand that I will take an English test when I arrive at the school. I will be placed in the best level for my ability based on those tests. There are no classes on test days
• I understand the Cancellation Policy as outlined below
• I understand it is my responsibility to organize medical and other insurance for my stay in the UK (RILC does not provide this)
• I authorise qualified medical diagnosis and treatment of injury to the student and authorise release of medical information for treatment and insurance purposes. I understand that I am responsible for medical expenses outside the limits of any applicable medical insurance and that pre-existing health conditions are not covered by health insurance
• I understand that I am responsible for all expenses, including personal expenses whilst attending RILC. I authorise RILC to release information regarding my studies to my sponsoring agency or my guardian. I also authorise any appropriate medical centre or personnel to examine and / or treat me for any illness/injury I incur while a student at the school
• I understand that I will be issued a handbook on arrival which outlines the policies and procedures of the school. I will read and follow the procedures as set out in the guidelines
Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
• All fees must be paid two weeks prior to course start date
• The course deposit and housing fee is non-refundable
• Fees paid are refundable if you cancel two weeks prior to the beginning of the course (with the exception of course deposit and housing application fee)
• You may change or cancel your homestay/private home with two weeks’ notice only with bookings of more than 4 weeks. Students who wish to cancel accommodation in student residences will be charged the cancellation rates of the residence. Ask the school for details
• Refunds will be sent to the student or guardian normally within thirty (30) days. Post and bank fees will be deducted if applicable
• No refunds will be given once the course has started
Other related policies
• Please note all our classes have a maximum of 15 students