A Regent’s education provides you with a high level of personal attention, and this begins from the moment you apply to study with us. We want to understand who you are and what your skills and interests may be – we are interested in your potential, as well as your prior achievements. We review each application comprehensively and on its individual merit, considering all of your skills, interests and attributes.
Minimum entry requirements for Level 4 students
One of the following qualifications:
- Two GCE A-levels at grade A-C
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- US High School Diploma with a minimum GPA of 2.5 PLUS one of the following:
- Two AP tests with an average grade of 3
- Two SAT II (Subject Tests) with a minimum score of 500 in each section
- SAT I (Reasoning Tests) with a minimum score of 1650 (550 in each section)
- ACT with a composite score of 23 (20 in each section)
- Dual Enrolment and College credits (1st Year) - 20 credits with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Equivalent qualifications as deemed acceptable by the University
We receive applications each year from over 170 countries and are happy to assess all international qualifications.
English Language requirements
English is our language of instruction and we require proof of your English proficiency.
You can demonstrate your English proficiency with:
• IELTS: Overall score of 6.0 with no score below 5.5 in any of the four components
• PTE Academic: Overall score of 58, with 51 or above in each individual component
• TOEFL IBT: Overall score 80. (We do not accept TOEFL from applicants requiring a Tier 4 visa, as this qualification is no longer accepted by the UK Visas and Immigration Department (UKVI)
• A-level/GCSE/IGCSE English: Grade C / 4 or above (for IGCSE certificates, please provide the Supplementary Certifying Statement with the breakdown of component grades)
• International Baccalaureate: Grade 4 or above in English at Higher or Standard Level
This list is not exhaustive. We will review the English qualifications you submit as part of your application and be in contact if we require anything further.
For applicants who wish to improve their English language proficiency, please see our English language courses.
Regent's English Proficiency Test (REPT)
We provide an online English diagnostic test known as the Regent’s English Proficiency Test (REPT). This test must be booked in advance. To find out more information and to book a test, please visit the REPT page. The REPT test is currently free of charge.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
As a Regent’s student you will take an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) module in your first semester in order to support the development of your academic work in English.
Please note that students who achieve an IELTS 6.5, with a minimum score of 5.5 in each component, or an equivalent result, are exempt from taking the EAP module and have an additional academic module.
Please note this module is no longer running effective from September 2021.
Students entering with Recognition of Prior Learning
If you are joining your programme at an advanced entry point, we require IELTS 6.5 with a minimum 6.0 in Reading and Writing, with no score below 5.5 in any other components.