of Acceptance of Studies (CAS)
Before you can make your visa application, you must have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement from Regent’s University London. Regent’s is a Tier 4 sponsor. We are authorised to issue a CAS by UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI).
What is a CAS?
The CAS is an electronic document that contains important information that you need to make your visa application:
- It gives you an individual CAS number and confirms that you have the required documentation and funds to make a visa application
- The CAS is valid for 6 months and can only be used once
- If your visa application is refused, you can’t use the same CAS number to re-apply and new CAS number must be issued
How do I get a CAS?
You can obtain a CAS from Regent’s University London, when you have completed the steps below:
- You have received a letter from us that makes you an unconditional offer for your chosen degree programme
- You have paid a minimum deposit towards your tuition fees of £4,000
- You have provided the required documentation (see below)
What documentation do I need to provide for the CAS?In order for us to issue your CAS, the University’s CAS team will ask you for the following documentation:
- A copy of the main page from your current passport showing your personal details
- Copies of all your current/previous UK visas
- A tuberculosis certificate, if required
- An official financial document that proves you hold sufficient funds in a bank account to cover your tuition fees and maintenance costs while studying in the UK.
Note: You will also need to supply these documents as part of your visa application.
For more information, see our guide to Meeting Tier 4 financial requirements <PDF>
You must provide an official translation for each document you submit that is not in English
The translation must include:
- Confirmation from the translator or translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- The date of the translation
- The full name and signature of the translator
- The translator or translation company's contact details
Regent’s University London can only issue your CAS once all the required documentation has been received and approved.
For more information see Documentation for a Tier 4 (General) student visa application.
What information does the CAS contain?
The CAS will be sent as an electronic document to your email address. It contains key information about you and your studies at Regent’s which you must check carefully:
- Your full name (as it appears on your passport)
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Regent’s University London’s Tier 4 sponsor licence number
- Regent’s University London’s full address
- Title of the course you will be studying
- Academic level of course
- Start date of course
- Expected end date of course
- If you have previously studied in the UK
- Previous academic level (if applicable)
- Progression justification (if applicable)
Academic documentation used to obtain offer
- List of academic qualifications used to obtain your offer, including English language qualifications where appropriate
- Tuition fees for the first year
- Tuition fees paid to date (if applicable) – this will include the deposit you have paid
If any of the details on the CAS are incorrect, you must inform the University CAS team immediately on CAS@regents.ac.uk
The University reserves the right to not issue a CAS where applicants
- Do not disclose their full UK study history
- Have previously been refused a visa
- Have been refused under the credibility requirement
- Wish to study at a lower level than their previous UK study
- Did not complete their previous course for which a Tier 4 (General) student visa was granted
For more information, contact CAS@regents.ac.uk
Download our guide to the CAS <PDF>
Also in this section
Visas & immigration
Tier 4 General Student visa
Applying from outside the UK
Extending a visa from within the UK
Documentation for a visa application
English language requirements
Visa time limits
Meeting Tier 4 financial requirements