A Regent’s education provides you with a high level of personal attention, and this begins from the moment you apply to study with us. We want to understand who you are and what your skills and interests may be – we are interested in your potential, as well as your prior achievements. We review each application comprehensively and on its individual merit, considering all of your skills, interests and attributes.
Typically, we will make an offer to a student holding A levels at grades BCC.
We will also assess your application for proficiency in Mathematics, asking for a GCSE in this subject at grade A-C / 9-4 (or the international equivalent).
We receive applications each year from over 170 countries and are happy to assess all international qualifications. For example, if you are studying the International Baccalaureate, we would make an offer based on your successful completion of the IB Diploma; if you are studying an American High School Diploma, we would make an offer based on a minimum GPA of 2.8 plus three APs at grades 4, 3, 3.
English Language requirements
English is our language of instruction and we require proof of your English proficiency.
You can demonstrate your English proficiency with:
• IELTS: Overall score of 6.0 with no score below 5.5 in any of the four components
• PTE Academic: Overall score of 58, with 51 or above in each individual component
• TOEFL IBT: Overall score 80. (We do not accept TOEFL from applicants requiring a Tier 4 visa, as this qualification is no longer accepted by the UK Visas and Immigration Department (UKVI)
• A-level/GCSE/IGCSE English: Grade C / 4 or above (for IGCSE certificates, please provide the Supplementary Certifying Statement with the breakdown of component grades)
• International Baccalaureate: Grade 4 or above in English at Higher or Standard Level
This list is not exhaustive. We will review the English qualifications you submit as part of your application and be in contact if we require anything further.
For applicants who wish to improve their English language proficiency, please see our English language courses.
Regent's English Password Test (REPT)
We provide an online English diagnostic test known as the Regent’s English Password Test (REPT). This test must be booked in advance. To find out more information and to book a test, please visit the REPT page. The REPT test is currently free of charge.
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
As a Regent’s student you will take an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) module in your first semester in order to support the development of your academic work in English.
Please note that students who achieve an IELTS 6.5, with a minimum score of 5.5 in each component, or an equivalent result, are exempt from taking the EAP module and have an additional academic module.
Students entering with Recognition of Prior Learning
If you are joining your programme at an advanced entry point, we require IELTS 6.5 with a minimum 6.0 in Reading and Writing, with no score below 5.5 in any other components.